WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They've already done Almas/Gargano twice, and now Gargano's lost the UK Title, so it won't look good for him to be #1 contender.

The #1 contender should be Adam Cole. This is assuming that McIntrye is on the shelf.

Also, this week's NXT will be from the San Antonio house show prior to Takeover. Trying to 1-up ROH.
I agree on Gargano, but I'm not sure that they will go heel vs heel for the title. I think there has to be either a transitional face champ to drop it to Cole, or at the very least a 3way with a face involved.

What I would do personally is have Almas vs Strong vs Cole at the RR Takeover and the Cole vs Black at the WM Takover.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I agree on Gargano, but I'm not sure that they will go heel vs heel for the title. I think there has to be either a transitional face champ to drop it to Cole, or at the very least a 3way with a face involved.

What I would do personally is have Almas vs Strong vs Cole at the RR Takeover and the Cole vs Black at the WM Takover.
I’m smelling a triple threat, but NXT is able to eschew faces and heels

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If I had the time, and could dodge call ups, I'd like to do something like this:

Almas vs Gargano - Ciampa run in.
Almas vs Sullivan - Sullivan wins.
Sullivan vs Cole - Cole runs away/gets DQ'd to survive.
Sullivan vs *Filler*
Sullivan vs *Filler* 2
Sullivan vs Black - Black wins.

You can do Gargano again by playing up the last chance story. Zelina can heel it up by forcing it into the contract too, no more title matches in NXT. Ciampa runs in and takes victory from Gargano and re-starts that program.

Then I go to Sullivan 'cos I want a monster to be the title holder for a while as it's different. I want to give Cole a match here as I think it's a good way to keep the title off of him while still giving him the main event slot. To keep him busy during the Almas run you can do a looser leave town thing with Sanity, with Sanity debuting on the main roster post-'Mania.

Your filler challengers for Sullivan really just depend on other storylines. I think there's a story to tell with Strong being a challenger after Cole and also losing, leading to him joining Undisputed. Not exactly sure how to do it, but the end goal of that is Strong splitting from them and beating Cole on his way out of NXT. Dain would be a good challenger if he's still around for some reason, a returning McIntyre would work too as a one and done before a call up.

It's not realistic, as Cole is probably the correct guy to have the title to carry the show, but I still like it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Black/Cole at pre-mania, Black wins the title. Undisputed Era debut Raw after Mania

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Earliest you'd see Cole to the main roster is Raw after Wrestlemania 35. They need people to carry the brand.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Earliest you'd see Cole to the main roster is Raw after Wrestlemania 35. They need people to carry the brand.

Yeah he is going to be down there a while. He eventually will feud with Drew again once he is healed.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Black comes up before Cole, though I’m not expecting him to show up anytime soon either.

A Sanity callup after Mania might be smart. Tag divisions really need a shake up.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The last round of Network updates has completed the NXT catalog. You can now watch every episode from the very start to present day.
I came here to say this, Just noticed last night. Seeing some of these "rookies" 7 years ago, is almost jarring. Daniel Bryan clean shaven and looking like a child. Ryback the cowboy? And god damn, why isn't Otunga that awesome now?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah he is going to be down there a while. He eventually will feud with Drew again once he is healed.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Black comes up before Cole, though I’m not expecting him to show up anytime soon either.

A Sanity callup after Mania might be smart. Tag divisions really need a shake up.

I think Sanity comes up before then.

By the way, UK Tag match was totally bonkers. I marked at that hurricarana spot into the powerbomb. That was so awesome.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think Sanity comes up before then.

By the way, UK Tag match was totally bonkers. I marked at that hurricarana spot into the powerbomb. That was so awesome.

UK tag match was great. Bate is amazing!

Won't go to deep but you will be marking out like crazy in a few weeks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have obtained tickets to NXT takeover here in my city of Philadelphia

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
can someone who read the spoilers tell me what matches will be on tonight?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gargano and Ohno with one of the best matches they've done on NXT TV. Maybe the best since I've started watching.

So, after announcing Velveteen Dream on social media - after the tapings - Regal just simply said he was scheduled to be in the match but was injured at WarGames. He also hasn't done any house shows since WarGames, so there's reason to believe he actually is injured.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Gargano and Ohno with one of the best matches they've done on NXT TV. Maybe the best since I've started watching.

So, after announcing Velveteen Dream on social media - after the tapings - Regal just simply said he was scheduled to be in the match but was injured at WarGames. He also hasn't done any house shows since WarGames, so there's reason to believe he actually is injured.
It is a nice little way to give him a rub after his performance at War Games as well. Hopefully this injury is nothing too serious

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The gowth of Gargano has been amazing.

The guy was always good and loved by the fans but in his time in NXT he has taken it to another level.

Its amazing to watch him go from a "jobber" guy they brought in for a taping to challenging for the NXT title at a takeover and being the most over guy on the roster.

Maybe just maybe we see another upset and Gargano walks out with the title. I would have to rank him up there with some of the best wrestlers in the world today.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Ember Moon's interview was bad, bad, bad. Forget about not having an actual character, she delivers lines like she graduated from the Apollo Cruise school of charisma and the Charlotte Flair school of line delivery where she over-delivers EVery Other SYLaBLE or WORD to MAKE UP for the LACK of Emotion in her VOICE. It's a bad B-movie actor technique. She'd be better off pretending not to be able to speak fluent English at this point.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
The gowth of Gargano has been amazing.

The guy was always good and loved by the fans but in his time in NXT he has taken it to another level.

Its amazing to watch him go from a "jobber" guy they brought in for a taping to challenging for the NXT title at a takeover and being the most over guy on the roster.

Maybe just maybe we see another upset and Gargano walks out with the title. I would have to rank him up there with some of the best wrestlers in the world today.
+1

He's in that rare territory of "losing doesn't have any effect whatsoever on how over he is ."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ember Moon's interview was bad, bad, bad. Forget about not having an actual character, she delivers lines like she graduated from the Apollo Cruise school of charisma and the Charlotte Flair school of line delivery where she over-delivers EVery Other SYLaBLE or WORD to MAKE UP for the LACK of Emotion in her VOICE. It's a bad B-movie actor technique. She'd be better off pretending not to be able to speak fluent English at this point.
I'd just have her not talk. Or at least when she does, it's very short and/or direct. Do what Nikki Cross does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad