Nuge and Yakupov at the WJC's

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Best thing about Nuge's performance is that I still felt he could've dominated more. His 15 points in 6 games were impressive, but there were times I sensed he could've been creating goals at will for Canada. Not at all trying to diminish what he did, very impressive. Just saying he was capable of dominating that tournament to another level.

Yakupov showed flashes of brilliance. Left me wanting more, however. Can't wait to see what he can do soon in Oil silks.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Gretzky-Lemieux-Bure numbers, for sure. He had higher ratios than Gretzky (17 of 36 - 47.2% in 1978) and Lindros (17 of 40 - 42.5% in 1990.)

Interesting. Thanks for posting that.

I think sometimes fans go overboard with the whole captain/leader things. Hockey is a team sport. It's isn't like tennis or golf - or even basketball, where one player can dominate.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Any word on Yakupov heading over to Edmonton yet? With rumours of KHL clubs giving incentives and some Russians planning on staying there, it'd be comforting to know that Yak is on his way here (Not that I'm very worried).

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Any word on Yakupov heading over to Edmonton yet? With rumours of KHL clubs giving incentives and some Russians planning on staying there, it'd be comforting to know that Yak is on his way here (Not that I'm very worried).

His twitter account has been conspicuously absent of any lockout talk. But the same can be said of Malkin and Ovechkin.

I'm slightly concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad