Pre-Game Talk: 'nucks @ SENS, Thursday night 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
6 of the Nucks 12 games so far this season have been against the bottom 5 teams in the standings.

4 of their games were against the literal bottom 2 teams.

In two weeks SOMEBODY will point out that we lost a close 6-3 game to the 9-2-1 Canucks, one of the top teams in the league. So you can't really blame DJ for that!!

:naughty:
:sarcasm:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I just watched the game I recorded last night. We looked much, much better. Transition well wasn't just dumping it in and giving it away. If we play like that and stay outside the box, we can definitely win this one. I hope Zub is back; it would help tremendously.

I called DJ a goof for not playing Tarasenko with Stutzle. I guess I eat crow because that line looked great; however, the top line looked good the first 2 shifts, then looked very meh, so hopefully they step it up offensively.

If you give Vancouver powerplays, they will eat, so stay out of the f***ing box.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I really don't like Norris and Batherson together. I feel Norris is the much better player, but is starting to pick up on some of Batherson's lazy habits. I have no idea what happened to Batherson, but he's not a top 6 forward at this point in time.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I really don't like Norris and Batherson together. I feel Norris is the much better player, but is starting to pick up on some of Batherson's lazy habits. I have no idea what happened to Batherson, but he's not a top 6 forward at this point in time.
I think he needs to sit a game, he looks lost out there.

Reactions: Alex1234

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Debrincat was -31 last year playing with Batherson...Batherson should be demoted to the 3rd line

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Batherson is so soft and loses most of his "battles" actually straight up he avoids getting in the dirty areas and diggings for pucks, he's the king of fly bys latetly, it's like he doesn't want the puck, very frustrating, but I've seen him as a slow starter, maybe it'll pick up, but I hate his game and he seems tradeable for sure.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Batherson is so soft and loses most of his "battles" actually straight up he avoids getting in the dirty areas and diggings for pucks, he's the king of fly bys latetly, it's like he doesn't want the puck, very frustrating, but I've seen him as a slow starter, maybe it'll pick up, but I hate his game and he seems tradeable for sure.
He’s also our only impct forward after Giroux who’s a righty. Needs to get going badly.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm convinced it's because he's overthinking the defensive side of the puck and is scared to overcommit.

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Can’t wait to see DJ play Greening-Smith-Neil like 20 minutes tonight even though Joseph, tarasenko and giroux were buzzing last night

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
I just watched the game I recorded last night. We looked much, much better. Transition well wasn't just dumping it in and giving it away. If we play like that and stay outside the box, we can definitely win this one. I hope Zub is back; it would help tremendously.

I called DJ a goof for not playing Tarasenko with Stutzle. I guess I eat crow because that line looked great; however, the top line looked good the first 2 shifts, then looked very meh, so hopefully they step it up offensively.

If you give Vancouver powerplays, they will eat, so stay out of the f***ing box.
I agree, they were playing… better. Not great, but they kept responding to Toronto’s goals, korpisalo looked great and made morale-boosting saves, and the defence settled down after the first period. It was a good road win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad