Pre-Game Talk: 'nucks @ SENS, Thursday night 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
We looked like a different team last night, but Vancouver is an absolute wagon this season and being on the tail end of a back-to-back is always a slog. Going to be a tough W to pull out, but man does the season's outlook become significantly brighter if we somehow pull it off.

Reactions: DrEasy and K1900L

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We looked like a different team last night, but Vancouver is an absolute wagon this season and being on the tail end of a back-to-back is always a slog. Going to be a tough W to pull out, but man does the season's outlook become significantly brighter if we somehow pull it off.
If we can snitch a point tonight and win vs Calgary (feasible) after
it could launch our season

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
These dudes are frauds with unsustainable shooting percentages. We are so back if we win this shit.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I want nothing more than for fans to chant sorry DJ like Jersey fans did for Ruff

What a better way to shut up the fans then win vs Vancouver tonight. And win in fashion - get the first goal, play with the puck all night, play disciplined.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
They have +30 goal differential?

They played San Jose once and beat them 10-1. San Jose has a -42 goal differential this year. They also played Edmonton on opening night and beat them 8-1. The Oilers have a -18 goal differential and their goaltenders have a combined .864 save percentage. I'm not trying to diminish their hot start, but they have had a couple of cake walks.

Reactions: swiftwin

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Another big test game. Second of a back-to-back, first one at home since the fan thing, and against a team that is an early season contender.

Reactions: Alex1234

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
Imagine if Zub plays tonight, the crowd will be quite hyped..

Strong start and the building will be rocking a complete 180 from Saturday

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Another big test game. Second of a back-to-back, first one at home since the fan thing, and against a team that is an early season contender.
It’s a little pathetic that a night the fans booed is a legit thing. Booed. All they did was boo lol. And not particularly loud.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Canucks are a good team but their goaltenders is one of the reason they're having a hot start. If you look at the PDO Vancouver is 1st with 14.07+95.34=1.094 and Ottawa is 4th with 12.12+90.88=1.034. And both team have similar advance stats also. And also we need to keep in mind that teams in the Pacific division have the good fortune of playing the SJS more often the other teams.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
We looked like a different team last night, but Vancouver is an absolute wagon this season
I'm not sure if they're for real yet, they played Edmonton 3 times which are a mess, they played versus the Flyers, Nashville(2x), St-Louis, San Jose they are 7-1 versus those teams. So they're still plenty of hockey to be played this season it will be interesting to see if they can maintain this pace? It's a long season

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I feel like Zub being back or not may tip the scales here. They made it happen last night, but hard to see it happening again without some re-enforcement.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Vancouver will either kick our ass and make us look bad with their sound structure or they will have the proverbial "night off" and look listless. My money is on the former.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We have the talent and speed to score. We can legit just sit back and play stingy and then kill people on the counter.

Vancouver will either kick our ass and make us look bad with their sound structure or they will have the proverbial "night off" and look listless. My money is on the former.
As @Micklebot posted.. that structure is pretty much a crazy shooting % and save % while they give up scoring chances and don’t really create many themselves

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
As @Micklebot posted.. that structure is pretty much a crazy shooting % and save % while they give up scoring chances and don’t really create many themselves
I will say having watched a bit of them (and really only a bit), the chances they are creating to score all those goals seem to be really high quality, part of that is going to be the "we played Edm twice and Phi and SJ once each in our 12 game sample" factor, but we can't take them lightly just because the underlying numbers suggest it might not last...

I think we play exactly the type of game they take advantage of, we might look solid for a while but there will be catastrophic breakdowns, and they are deadly when that happens.

Reactions: DrEasy and Alex1234

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
6 of the Nucks 12 games so far this season have been against the bottom 5 teams in the standings.

4 of their games were against the literal bottom 2 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad