Post-Game Talk: "Nucks in 'Towa, Wed, Jan. 02 7:00pm

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
I sat down low at the game, and thought it was really unlucky when the wind came up a few times, and blew over Ceci, Lajoie, Tierney, and Boedker….

Reactions: Que

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Boucher always acts like we deserve a better faith despite losing a 6th game in a row. Contrary to what he's saying. it wasn't just the first period that killed us as it ended 0-0, and we gave up 2 goals in the 2nd. Only period we really looked decent was the 3rd, which is nothing new for this team. We just can't put a good 60 minutes together for the life of us.

And no Guy, OT isn't a total crap shoot if your team knows how to defend.

Another Mr Lizard

I heard he was Danish
Nov 19, 2017
Was there tonight. Great comeback but a couple of observations.

1) defence is total shit, left a big hole right up the middle all night long. If not for Hogberg and the posts (2 posts, 2 bars) we wouldn’t be talking about a comeback.

2) Ceci is even worse than you can imagine by watching the TV. You can literally see his molasses like thinking infold on the ice, he’s just not quick enough mentally.

3) Boro should not be anywhere near the NHL. End of.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Boucher always acts like we deserve a better faith despite losing a 6th game in a row. Contrary to what he's saying. it wasn't just the first period that killed us as it ended 0-0, and we gave up 2 goals in the 2nd. Only period we really looked decent was the 3rd, which is nothing new for this team. We just can't put a good 60 minutes together for the life of us.

And no Guy, OT isn't a total crap shoot if your team knows how to defend.

Talking about how Wolanin made progress but still has thing to learn without the puck. Clearly an NHLer with the puck..

I don't know, theyhace Ceci who isn't an NHLer with the puck. 5 or 6 dman in term of defensive capability.

Boro who is a borderline NHLer.

Lajoie who should be a 5 or 6 at most at this stage of his career or #1 dman in the AHL at this stage.

Elliot who is purely a AHLer

Demelo a bottom pairing dman overall.

Jaros botton pairing but progressing.

Harpur, bottom pairing but progressing

Chabot, Top pairing.

My point is.. why point out how he need to work on his defensive game when you have so much trash who cannot even defend properly themselve. At least, he has something in which he is competent and we suck overall.. with the puck on transition.

That piss me off.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Best moments of the game;

Harpur fight - he’s gunna explode a hand one of these days but the guy can sure chuck ‘em

The buzzer at the end of the first period.

Ryan’s face on the bench after Vancouver scored the second goal. It was pure dejection followed quickly by slumping into his mits.

Watching Pettersson score a hatty - I told ya’ll he was a gamer. I watch too many Canucks games for my own good.

Hogberg playing very well for a guy getting shelled in front of a team that obviously doesn’t care.

I will note that most of the veterans: Ceci, Duchene, Dzingle, Boedker, Smith - the guys with 300+ games played - are the ones who are really invisible. That’s concerning. They’re still good players but they sure don’t give much of a crap on the ice anymore.

Poor Guy, it’s just a matter of time...

Seeing as we’re speaking about Vancouver in a way, you guys think after the ace comes down we could get Vigneault?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Best moments of the game;

Harpur fight - he’s gunna explode a hand one of these days but the guy can sure chuck ‘em

The buzzer at the end of the first period.

Ryan’s face on the bench after Vancouver scored the second goal. It was pure dejection followed quickly by slumping into his mits.

Watching Pettersson score a hatty - I told ya’ll he was a gamer. I watch too many Canucks games for my own good.

Hogberg playing very well for a guy getting shelled in front of a team that obviously doesn’t care.

I will note that most of the veterans: Ceci, Duchene, Dzingle, Boedker, Smith - the guys with 300+ games played - are the ones who are really invisible. That’s concerning. They’re still good players but they sure don’t give much of a crap on the ice anymore.

Poor Guy, it’s just a matter of time...

Seeing as we’re speaking about Vancouver in a way, you guys think after the ace comes down we could get Vigneault?

I'm not sure what you expect. These players played well tonight. Two of our best young defenders are out of the line up. We've been letting these many shots on goal for pretty much the entire season. I think the Senators are starting to play better. However, Boucher still needs to go, because it is obviously his system that is the problem regarding shots on our goal. Hogberg is great however. I'm glad we've been developing him properly.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I'm not sure what you expect. These players played well tonight. Two of our best young defenders are out of the line up. We've been letting these many shots on goal for pretty much the entire season. I think the Senators are starting to play better. However, Boucher still needs to go, because it is obviously his system that is the problem regarding shots on our goal. Hogberg is great however. I'm glad we've been developing him properly.

Just a little urgency, pride and respect. Giving up 50 shots to Vancouver is alarming. Outside of four forwards that time is pretty non threatening in terms of offensive ability.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

They played well for about 25 minutes. Not nearly good enough.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
we are quite literally the worst of the worst.. we play the other teams near us in the standings (the bottom of the standings) and we get shelled.

Reactions: BatherSeason

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
we are quite literally the worst of the worst.. we play the other teams near us in the standings (the bottom of the standings) and we get shelled.
We all knew this before the season even started. No real surprises here. Even the usual suspects who talked about how improved this team was seem to have all but disappeared.

Reactions: Alex1234

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
this basically was happening the past two years except the first year andy and karlsson were world class. people thought boucher was a genius

Since the conference final run they have played like 4 or 5 solid games seemingly out of the 110+, it was expected due to the roster construction and owners lack of interest in a competitive product, sad that the majority on here easily predicted it...even sadder that their is absolutely zero end in sight under Eugene Melnyk.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Was there tonight. Great comeback but a couple of observations.

1) defence is total ****, left a big hole right up the middle all night long. If not for Hogberg and the posts (2 posts, 2 bars) we wouldn’t be talking about a comeback.

2) Ceci is even worse than you can imagine by watching the TV. You can literally see his molasses like thinking infold on the ice, he’s just not quick enough mentally.

3) Boro should not be anywhere near the NHL. End of.
It's weird to me that #2 is so obvious to observers of the team, advanced stats, regular stats, etc. Everyone but Boucher, it seems, realizes that Ceci isn't very good. Statistically, he's one of the worst D in the league. Re-signing him would be a colossal mistake. Take what you can get for him at the deadline and move on. Shedding that salary would be a win.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
On that OT goal Ceci goes down to block the pass after the pass is already by him.
Boedker just did nothing. Remember when people complained about Hoffman's defensive play? Boedker is actually worse on D but has about 2% of the talent. AND we gave San Jose a better pick.

Dorion needs to be shot into the sun.

My god, is Boedker ever awful. Its hard to watch the this roster. Its actively making me apathetic towards all hockey. I don't care about missing games at all now and even watching Canada or the WJC, I feel nothing. I didn't even care last night when Canafa was eliminated. I remember fondly watching Tavares and Eberle in Ottawa and Crosby in Vancouver. Was jazzed about watching just about any games back then.

Now I loath most of the players who play for my childhood team. f*** these people running this team.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
January 2, 2019, 7:00 PM
Attendance: 16,358
Arena: Canadian Tire Centre
Game Duration: 2:41
Season average inching up to 14,604, now only 772 below last years average, at the CTC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad