Post-Game Talk: Nucks 3 Hawks 4 (SO): Hawks extend their streak, Honey Badger Don't Give A ****â„¢

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

john garret is right. The amount of chances the canucks gave the hawks was disgusting.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
What worries is me a lot is all the hype what with all the "we want to be the ones to break their streak".

IMO we didn't back up our words with our uninspired play. I hope the boys recognize that and improve next game.

Maybe I should find I way to go to the game on Thursday. The Canucks haven't lost a game I've attended since 2008. That has to mean something right? :D

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
What worries is me a lot is all the hype what with all the "we want to be the ones to break their streak".

IMO we didn't back up our words with our uninspired play. I hope the boys recognize that and improve next game.

Maybe I should find I way to go to the game on Thursday. The Canucks haven't lost a game I've attended since 2008. That has to mean something right? :D

ha, good one. Canucks learning something.

Dumbest team in the league in some ways.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
AV needs to get this team focused again. Disjointed and poor play over 200ft. Some have that has to do with CHI being on their game. But it's just such a departure from how they need to play.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
- I thought the forwards were doing a poor job of supporting the D on the breakouts tonight in the hopes of getting some breakaways of their own.. You could see some of the D get frustrated.

It has certainly been a big part of what's making it so hard on the D.

On the topic of D, I thought Hamhuis was quietly the worst defenseman today. Horrible job moving the puck, very slow all around the ice, soft, doing absolutely nothing offensively. I could keep going...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

That is what bothers me. For a game they were supposedly motivated for. This is the effort they bring? It's disgraceful. Our defense is so ridiculous inconsistent, it borders on comical.

BC Boy

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
- Safe to say the Hawks are playing great hockey right now but part of me wonders how well equipped they for the post season.

This is intriguing question. They wilted under physical contact the moment the Canucks responded after those three breakaways. But with their speed and transition game, taking a run at a hawk means putting yourself out of position. It's a risky game any team can play with the Hawks. It worked well for a while, but then the Hawks began capitalizing on those odd-man chances.

In the playoffs though, that physical intensity is much more ramped up, so I'm not sure the Hawks could manage under sustained pressure. I'll never underestimate them though!

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Remember when Kesler had a nice leg kick deke?

Yea I barely do to.

He tries to replicate the move every time he goes down the ice. So, so annoying. If there's no room ****ing pass it to the trailing wingers.

Scottrockztheworld*

How many odd man rushes? Jesus! defensively we were GARBAGE.

Hansen's "elbow" :laugh: Got the Canuck haters out in force tonight.

Hate the slow speed shootout attempts

Where is Kassian? Knew it was coming but man I wish he would have been physical tonight.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
wonder how long Hossa is gonna be out for. I know honey badger don't get a ****.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
oh well, saw that coming

team clearly won't go anywhere in the playoffs unless
1) d gets their heads out of their *****
2) kesler starts playing like a top 6 forward again

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
AV needs to get this team focused again. Disjointed and poor play over 200ft. Some have that has to do with CHI being on their game. But it's just such a departure from how they need to play.
He lost them last January and really hasn't gotten them back since. There have been stretches (i.e. start of this year) but htey are falling apart again. Constantly blowing leads, horrible defense, general laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad