Post-Game Talk: NSH V NYR 6PM CDT. New York! New York!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I wish the NHL would come up with some VAR type system to ensure consistency and speed in the offside reviews or just scrap it. I like getting the calls right but the matter of inches with inconsistent camera angles etc. seems to cause more problems than it solves.

In this case it was a quick one so no issues there and glad it worked out for us. Just more of a general comment

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I wish the NHL would come up with some VAR type system to ensure consistency and speed in the offside reviews or just scrap it. I like getting the calls right but the matter of inches with inconsistent camera angles etc. seems to cause more problems than it solves.

In this case it was a quick one so no issues there and glad it worked out for us. Just more of a general comment

I still contend that they should have one overhead camera and one camera on each side of the blueline. The refs get to watch 6 videos, one at full speed from each camera and one at half speed form each camera. The entire review should take about 30 seconds. If they can't see a clear offside out of that, then any potential offside didn't have an effect on the play and the goal should stand. There's no way they should be able to watch the same clip in super slow mow and go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth for several minutes sometimes.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The whipping boys stepped up to get things going. McCarron with the tip that leaked past the goalie ... Smith crashing to get the goal. Lauzon with some key pass breakups. Sherwood getting chances.

Now to try to carry this into Saturday.

Reactions: SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad