Confirmed with Link: [NSH/TOR] Franson and Santorelli for Leipsic, Jokinen, 2015 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well I was watching the Toronto game tonight and the announcers of the game said something to the affect "That if there were any scouts there they might not find much to Jokinen's game." Ouch.

Last edited:

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Um it was pretty clear that it happened. Nothing alleged about it. The Preds just got the deals done before grievances were filed, etc.

That's not true, there WAS a hearing set to see if the players would become UFAs and all players agreed to the deals prior to the hearing. It might be "pretty clear that it happened" in your opinion, but all I said is it was never proven. That's what allegedly means. HTH

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
That's not true, there WAS a hearing set to see if the players would become UFAs and all players agreed to the deals prior to the hearing. It might be "pretty clear that it happened" in your opinion, but all I said is it was never proven. That's what allegedly means. HTH

Yep.

And here
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articl...y-lose-three-to-unrestricted-free-agency.html

And here is the signings to avoid the hearing.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/predators-kostitsyn-avoid-hearings-1-deal-170452089.html
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...ur-RFA-problems-go-away-but-no?urn=nhl-wp8812

Last edited:

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Dont know if you guys watched the videos interviewing Cody and Mike on videos.predators.nhl.com but man are they ever excited to be a part of your organization. Good luck the rest of the way!

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN

I should amend to say the hearing never happened, but you are, IMO, very clearly burying your head in the sand.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I should amend to say the hearing never happened, but you are, IMO, very clearly burying your head in the sand.

No, I'm not. I don't deny that it happened, it probably did, but I really don't care either way. However, it is intellectually dishonest to say that it absolutely did happen. It was never proven, which is precisely what allegedly means. It appears that you tried to call me our for saying "allegedly" when the real problem is you didn't understand what allegedly actually means...

al·leg·ed·ly/əˈlejədlē/
adverb

Used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no concrete proof.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Dont know if you guys watched the videos interviewing Cody and Mike on videos.predators.nhl.com but man are they ever excited to be a part of your organization. Good luck the rest of the way!
I knew/figured Cody was, as he was more of a mainstay with the team even if only for a couple years. He's been pretty outspoken about being glad to come back here, but I hadn't heard as much from Santo. He didn't do a ton when he was here and he's had more stops along the way than Franson, so I figured he may have just been looking at it as just another team.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I knew/figured Cody was, as he was more of a mainstay with the team even if only for a couple years. He's been pretty outspoken about being glad to come back here, but I hadn't heard as much from Santo. He didn't do a ton when he was here and he's had more stops along the way than Franson, so I figured he may have just been looking at it as just another team.

Going from the Leafs to the Predators no matter who you are would make you excited. 6 points ahead of any other team in the NHL in the standing. Yeh, I would be really happy.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
It's hard to jump city to city, but he is extremely well compensated for it, jumps city to city on a team irregardless of who he plays for, and knows /accepts the risks. Heck, he has been quite the forward for hire since leaving Florida. Further, it is only for a few months. I'm sorry TMI, that is rubbish.

You don't have to apologize for disagreeing with me. :)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
No, I'm not. I don't deny that it happened, it probably did, but I really don't care either way. However, it is intellectually dishonest to say that it absolutely did happen. It was never proven, which is precisely what allegedly means. It appears that you tried to call me our for saying "allegedly" when the real problem is you didn't understand what allegedly actually means...

al·leg·ed·ly/əˈlejədlē/
adverb

Used to convey that something is claimed to be the case or have taken place, although there is no concrete proof.

I know what allegedly means, and you are correct. It is alleged. I should just say that this was all but confirmed to have happened. We were just awaiting the hearings. That would end the "alleged" portion. This only didn't become a huge black eye because we signed the players we wanted quickly prior to the hearing.

I would say there is probably a ZERO percent chance that this didn't take place. Why on earth would it even come to light otherwise?

But blah, it doesn't matter regardless.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
The more I look at it, the more I think these guys are in our long term plans. It's tough to post this in a good format (RIP capgeek), but there's some good info here

Even assuming the cap doesn't go up, we have $32,644,523 in space right now. Jokinen is already gone, obviously, and I don't see us keeping Cullen or Volch (and if we do, they'll be very cheap). So factor in over-guesses like:

Ribiero: 5M
Fisher: 5M
Smith: 4M
Wilson: 4M
Jarnkrok: 2M
Bourque+Beck: 2M combined

That's all our UFAs except Franson and Santo, and even with those high guesses, we're at 10.64M, plus however much the cap increases by. We could give Franson a high 4.5M and Santo a high 3.5M easily, and then have 2.5M, plus increases to cap, plus whoever leaves our roster to make room for them.

If we want to keep them, there is plenty of cap space, so we might as well. Especially Santo.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The more I look at it, the more I think these guys are in our long term plans. It's tough to post this in a good format (RIP capgeek), but there's some good info here

Even assuming the cap doesn't go up, we have $32,644,523 in space right now. Jokinen is already gone, obviously, and I don't see us keeping Cullen or Volch (and if we do, they'll be very cheap). So factor in over-guesses like:

Ribiero: 5M
Fisher: 5M
Smith: 4M
Wilson: 4M
Jarnkrok: 2M
Bourque+Beck: 2M combined

That's all our UFAs except Franson and Santo, and even with those high guesses, we're at 10.64M, plus however much the cap increases by. We could give Franson a high 4.5M and Santo a high 3.5M easily, and then have 2.5M, plus increases to cap, plus whoever leaves our roster to make room for them.

If we want to keep them, there is plenty of cap space, so we might as well. Especially Santo.

Keep in mind whatever we do, Jones, Forsberg and Ekholm are up next year, we can't handicap ourselves too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad