Confirmed with Link: [NSH/TOR] Franson and Santorelli for Leipsic, Jokinen, 2015 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
It's hard to jump city to city, but he is extremely well compensated for it, jumps city to city on a team irregardless of who he plays for, and knows /accepts the risks. Heck, he has been quite the forward for hire since leaving Florida. Further, it is only for a few months. I'm sorry TMI, that is rubbish.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013

umm....How were you supposed to be used? You have nothing left.

I don't think he meant it as a slight to the organization or coaching staff, I think he just meant that he is so used to playing center that he struggled on the wing. He looked decent in the first game with TO.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I don't think he meant it as a slight to the organization or coaching staff, I think he just meant that he is so used to playing center that he struggled on the wing. He looked decent in the first game with TO.

That's how I read it as well.

he's clearly thing a shot at the organization for either misusing him or misleading him about how he was going to be used.

I can't find the quote now but he said something to the effect that he signed with Nashville to be a center, he had always been a center, and he didn't know what happened between July 2nd and training camp

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
he's clearly thing a shot at the organization for either misusing him or misleading him about how he was going to be used.

I can't find the quote now but he said something to the effect that he signed with Nashville to be a center, he had always been a center, and he didn't know what happened between July 2nd and training camp

For one, they signed Ribeiro and Roy about 4 or 5 days after they signed him so that's 2 things that happened between July 2nd and training camp.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013

No he isnt.

Watch the first 30 seconds of David Poile's introduction of Olli to the Preds organization from 2014. It says everythign it needs to.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Sour grapes imo. The guy got traded away by the top team in the NHL right now to a team that is talking major rebuild. Over his long career he has rarely had a chance to play for a really good team in the playoffs and he just lost that again. I wouldn't be very happy about it either honestly if I were him.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
He was promised a position at center but that was before the ribs and Roy signings. On top of that if other players are outperforming you (oj) then guess what all bets are off. GMDP shouldn't have guaranteed him a spot at center but at the same time oj shouldn't think his job is safe if there are better performers.
His agent was on sports net earlier this week and said oj would've stayed as a 3rd line checker playing on his off wing where he's never played before in his career but preds wanted to clear space and a contract it seems.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
When are these guys going to be in Nashville's lineup?
Is it customs holding things up?

Trade on a Sunday/Monday was a Holiday/Snow and Ice screwed up Fedex and their delivery of the paperwork the rest of the week is what held it up. They finally met the team tonight during the game.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Allegedly*

Never been proven, that's just what some posters here suspected. It actually was never proven that anything was done incorrectly. All of the players signed prior to the hearing.

Um it was pretty clear that it happened. Nothing alleged about it. The Preds just got the deals done before grievances were filed, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad