Confirmed with Link: [NSH/TOR] Franson and Santorelli for Jokinen, Leipsic, 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
hmmmmmm. My opinion of this will hinge on Leipsic. I know nothing about him

I presume we will try and deal Olli for a pick too.

"Talent Analysis

Leipsic is a small, energetic winger who hits everything that moves and makes life miserable for his opponents. The speedy forward is offensively skilled, a gifted finisher, and can produce on the power play. He needs to add strength, more consistency throughout the season, and play on the edge without going over the line. The physical winger could project into a top-six forward at the NHL level but at worst, a checker with some offensive upside.

Future

Leipsic will begin his pro career this season and more than likely open the year with Nashville AHL affiliate Milwaukee. He plays the game with a unique combination of offensive ability and pugnaciousness but will likely have to refine that style playing against the bigger and stronger players at the pro level. While his size will be a challenge he could be one day be an exciting scorer."

35 pts in 47 games first year in AHL isnt bad. 20 years old. 120 pts two years ago in portland...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leipsic is a really good prospect. A 1st round pick is great as well.

I'm happy with this.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
IMO Leipsic's comparable is a mix between Andrew Shaw and Brad Marchand. Smaller guy with great hands, good speed and gets into the corners. Can get a bit carried away at times.

Dominated in Portland, has played pretty well in the AHL this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad