GDT: NSH@ FLA Feb 4th V1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Bummer of a hat trick, bummer of a loss. I don't understand the decision to challenge the 4th goal... You're still in the lead, why risk taking a penalty when they've been killing you on the power play and you know they're going to double it up by pulling their goalie. Sucks.

Reactions: harv33173

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
I was watching a stream with VPN and everything just crashed for some reason while it was 5-3. Coincidence? I think not.

I can recommend the VPN, it seems to block against Panther's meltdowns

i was trying to watch this game on every available google live stream of the game and all i could get were the highlights. due i just do a google search for VPN, or is there a better way to find them. you can send me a personal message, or contact me anyway possible if you can help me solve this problem.
thank you, harv

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The guys struggled to clear pucks tonight. Lots of lobs into Predators or weak shots along the boards. Need to be better there.

Yeah, actually if it wasn't for heroics from Huby and Barky, the Preds would have easily won this game. They're reverting back to last year's run and gun style. They've got to clamp it down. I'd much rather see them try to eke out 1-0 or 2-1 games the next few and get those good habits going.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Yeah, actually if it wasn't for heroics from Huby and Barky, the Preds would have easily won this game. They're reverting back to last year's run and gun style. They've got to clamp it down. I'd much rather see them try to eke out 1-0 or 2-1 games the next few and get those good habits going.
Yup. Not a lot of secondary scoring right now.

I'm starting to get concerned by the lack of production from the Bottom 9 guys on the roster/taxi squad. The top-6 won't carry the team every game.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Ugly game for an ugly night (I realized that I sprayed a nice dress shirt with bleach instead of cleaner :()

im not going to blame Bob: the defense was bad and we made stupid decisions. At least we got a point but now we will at best only add a point for a playoff rival. We also gave them hope and inspiration with this comeback.

id like to try Huberdeau-Luo-Horny next game

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yup. Not a lot of secondary scoring right now.

I'm starting to get concerned by the lack of production from the Bottom 9 guys on the roster/taxi squad. The top-6 won't carry the team every game.

I agree to an extent, but I'll add a twist. The big guns arent gonna score every game, but this team continues to think they are the 80s Oilers. They've gotta learn to win tight games. Eventually Duke, Wenn, Vatrano, Con, Acciari, Lammer etc. will start scoring a little. They should be looking at points from Huby, Bark, Ek as a bonus. If they do that, and clamp it down, they are good enough to win 75% of games. Its when this team opens it up and plays rivergambler hockey that they get into trouble. Sure, they may pick up a win here and there playing that way and its good enough to be a bubble team, but this core will never be a contender playing like that.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Does anyone have a replay of the challenge? I had the game going on my phone and had other things going on, I don’t know if it was the same play they were reviewing but they did show I believe it was duchene playing the puck with what looked to be a high stick. Did they just think it was below the shoulders? Did it go off one of our guys? What happened exactly?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Does anyone have a replay of the challenge? I had the game going on my phone and had other things going on, I don’t know if it was the same play they were reviewing but they did show I believe it was duchene playing the puck with what looked to be a high stick. Did they just think it was below the shoulders? Did it go off one of our guys? What happened exactly?
That was it, it looked like he originally had his stick high but touched it on the way down. Goldie and Randy were shocked that was what they were reviewing. I legitimately wonder if Q didn't know that challenge results in a penalty as it made absolutely no sense. I wouldn't have even challenged it if it put Florida down a goal, there was no way to get that reversed.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
there is no hypotheticals. When you have a shit goalie in net. You aren’t going to win games. I don’t care if some of the goals aren’t his fault. He’s not a starting goalie and the team is much worse when he plays. Period.

The call was garbage and I blame Q for making it. But by having Bob in net we lose this game. End of story.
Bingo. Hockey Stat Cards Exactly as I saw the game too. Pretty much outplayed them. Bob most it for us. Period. Inexcusable that he’s our worst player every other start. Absolutely f***ing pathetic. The only thing worse than Qs challenge is letting Bob take the net. We cannot outscore this aweful goaltending every night and the wheels are damn sure gonna fall off and it’s 100 percent on Bob and Q for continuing to put our team in bad position by playing him

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I agree to an extent, but I'll add a twist. The big guns arent gonna score every game, but this team continues to think they are the 80s Oilers. They've gotta learn to win tight games. Eventually Duke, Wenn, Vatrano, Con, Acciari, Lammer etc. will start scoring a little. They should be looking at points from Huby, Bark, Ek as a bonus. If they do that, and clamp it down, they are good enough to win 75% of games. Its when this team opens it up and plays rivergambler hockey that they get into trouble. Sure, they may pick up a win here and there playing that way and its good enough to be a bubble team, but this core will never be a contender playing like that.
Can’t win tight low scoring games with bob. It’s been proven over and over. It is irrelevant how the team
Plays infront of him. The puck is going in reguardless

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Missed alarm clock so didnt see the game but sound like our inability to once again pressure the team with a goalie pulled to score a EN cost us the game

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Just by looking at highlights

Weegar continues to be awful this season
Why wasn't a guy who actually clear the crease like Gudas out there on tying goal?
Why was Heponiemi out there at the end?

Same theme we'd had for years now. Nobody pressures opponents dmen with the puck. They just move it around so easily. I have not seen another team in the league who against it's that easy

Anyone for Ekblad-Gudas out there with game on line?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Can’t win tight low scoring games with bob. It’s been proven over and over. It is irrelevant how the team
Plays infront of him. The puck is going in reguardless

Yes they can. Just stop your drivel. You're telling me Weegar can't play better and stop being a trainwreck? The forwards as a whole cant play better defense and make smarter decisions? Yandle cant stop taking stupid penalties? Barkov can't shoot the puck? Forwards can't get the puck deep and cycle? Yes they can, they just don't. There's no reason they can't. Yet it's all Bob's fault. Yeah keep beating that drum. Bob didn't stop Weegar and Stralman from playing atom defense. Bob didn't make Wennberg fumble the puck and give it away and cause a 2-0 against himself. Yeah, like there's no variation in the odds if they play tight defensively in front of him or if they do the icecapades in front of him. Come on, do you really beleive the nonsense you post?

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Was going to say something positive about this team but can't because I'm pessimistic :naughty:

Yes they can. Just stop your drivel. You're telling me Weegar can't play better and stop being a trainwreck? The forwards as a whole cant play better defense and make smarter decisions? Yandle cant stop taking stupid penalties? Barkov can't shoot the puck? Forwards can't get the puck deep and cycle? Yes they can, they just don't. There's no reason they can't. Yet it's all Bob's fault. Yeah keep beating that drum. Bob didn't stop Weegar and Stralman from playing atom defense. Bob didn't make Wennberg fumble the puck and give it away and cause a 2-0 against himself. Yeah, like there's no variation in the odds if they play tight defensively in front of him or if they do the icecapades in front of him. Come on, do you really beleive the nonsense you post?

Yeah Bob wasn't the reason they lost tonight, just awful defensive lapses. But he isn't stealing any games either. The real problem here is his contract, if he got paid like Driedger nobody would care.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Yeah Bob wasn't the reason they lost tonight, just awful defensive lapses. But he isn't stealing any games either. The real problem here is his contract, if he got paid like Driedger nobody would care.
I mean, if Bob was paid like Driedger, maybe we could use that money to get an actual 2C and other upgrades or waive him if we decide to move on... And I don't blame him for tonight either.

Reactions: RogerRoger

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I mean, if Bob was paid like Driedger, maybe we could use that money to get an actual 2C and other upgrades or waive him if we decide to move on... And I don't blame him for tonight either.

And it's not only the cap space. That contract means they basically HAVE to play him and hope that he bounces back, it simply isn't an option to bench a 10 million dollar player who has over five years left on his deal. Also I wonder what the other players are thinking when one guy is making that kind of money and isn't a difference maker at all, to put it lightly. It clearly is hamstringing the team. I bet it weighs on Bob too, seems like a good guy.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Even though not all goals were on Bob, I can't help but think Driedger would not have let in some of them.

Make him the starter and keep Bob as a backup until someone wants him.

This team is a playoff team but we need a goalie who doesn't let in 3+ goals every game

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
We got a guy with a 5 point night and still lost...how is that even possible

exactly. This morning I saw the headline saying something about Huberdeau having a 5 point game and thought that perhaps the game ended 5-2 or 5-3. Previous games were so different in terms of amount of goals scored. It's really tough to accept that you can lose when you score five. Of course we have experience about this.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Even though not all goals were on Bob, I can't help but think Driedger would not have let in some of them.

Make him the starter and keep Bob as a backup until someone wants him.

This team is a playoff team but we need a goalie who doesn't let in 3+ goals every game

Driedger is never going to be a starter for this team. If he ever becomes one it'll happen on some other team.

There isn't any market for Bob and there will never be such since he hasn't provided even decent numbers to justify that $10mil per figure.

The Cats are essentially married with Bob so if the players are, for an instance, putting on a protest that Driegs should play instead of Bob by blowing easy defensive coverage (like Stralman and Weegar "not knowing" whether they should play the man or area in the defensive zone when Forsberg carried the puck, did a crossover and that resulted in a easy tap-in goal for Jarnkrok), they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Zito knows that Bob cannot be traded or bought out so all he can do is to support him and he'll support him best by letting him be the starter. However, what Zito can do is to mold this roster into one that enables Bob to play at his best. If this d-corpse is uncomfortable playing solid hockey in front of Bob then he'll get players that are comfortable with that idea. Quenneville might be gone as well if he can't get this squad to play solid defense.

imo folks are here are like BillyB in Moneyball...
BB: "I need moar money (better goat lending)"
Owner: "We don't have money (can't get rid of Bob). We're asking you to be comfortable with the dough (Bob) we have and work within the constraints that are in place (Bob's contract)"
BB: "B-but I need moar money."
Owner : "Is there anything else?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad