GDT: (Now with less Leivo) FLAMES (19-23-3) vs. CANADIENS (20-15-9) 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet

Simplythebreast

Jul 20, 2019
85% of this team's problems would be solved by having top 6 RHS RWers

Disagree. Our problems stem from effort, consistency and pressure. Now that the pressure is off they are playing better. They have been inconsistent all season. Yes, granted coaching changes, maybe COVID got in their heads..I don’t really know. This has been the issue though for years. They show up when it doesn’t matter. It mattered when they played Ottawa.

This team would not be in the playoffs if they had “Top 6 RHS RWers”. Let’s face facts.

Further thought:
I find that this “North Division” is a little stagnant. Also how can you really evaluate your team when you are only playing 6 out of 30 teams? It probably does get a little boring for the players at times to stay engaged when you’re playing some teams multiple times in a week. Can you really evaluate how your team actually performs?

Last edited:

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I really wonder what went wrong this season, if we only won 3 more games we'd be level with MTL and have some momentum down the stretch.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Will the roller coaster season continue? All year when that glimmer of hope emerges they rip our hearts out the next time out.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The team lack of coaching has been damaging

young players keep getting worse

Monahan, Bennett, Tkachuk all peaked in their early 20s

Bennett just picked up another assist to tie up the Panthers/Canes game.

He hasn't peaked yet. Wait until he gets a year of confidence in that 2C role, he's going to start making elite plays.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett just picked up another assist to tie up the Panthers/Canes game.

He hasn't peaked yet. Wait until he gets a year of confidence in that 2C role, he's going to start making elite plays.

he peaked at 18 as a Flames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad