GDT: (Now with less Leivo) FLAMES (19-23-3) vs. CANADIENS (20-15-9) 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Kinda looks like Allen initiated contact from one angle, but don’t expect it to count

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Kinda looks like Allen initiated contact from one angle, but don’t expect it to count
Allen jiggled the puck into his blocker intentionally. Backs batted his blocker right after.

I would have been interested to see the ruling if Backs had got there a moment sooner when the puck was just resting on his arm. Incidental contact is allowed when playing a loose puck in the crease. It would depend on the definition of possession.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That would have counted if he specfically knocked the puck out with his hand or stick rather than forcing it out with a check

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Allen jiggled the puck into his blocker intentionally. Backs batted his blocker right after.

I would have been interested to see the ruling if Backs had got there a moment sooner when the puck was just resting on his arm. Incidental contact is allowed when playing a loose puck in the crease. It would depend on the definition of possession.

that’s not incidental contact

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
that’s not incidental contact
It's all about context. If he knocks the puck and hits the arm in the process, then the contact is considered incidental. If he hits the arm in order to knock the puck loose (which is what happened) then it is not.

I am saying hypothetically if Backlund could have gotten there a bit sooner. Then he could have directly played the puck.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

User1996

Jun 24, 2020

Yeah definitely. Just appeared on the one angle that when Allen shook his shoulder to get the puck to drop that he put his blocker/arm in a position that would make contact with Backlund anyways, but it’s a moot point anyways because Backlund definitely punched/poked at the puck

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Depth has been good this game. Maybe Tkachuk could show some of that 'great in tight playoff type games' hockey we keep hearing about.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Dube should be a centre. His skating through the middle is a treat

That’s okey let’s develop him into a 3rd line winger instead!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad