OT: Nova Scotia Habs Fans (Forest Fires)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There's multiple huge fires in the province and they haven't contained.
You need rain man.

1685495588702.png

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I know we've got a lot of Habs Fans in NS.

I'm currently evacuated from my apartment. Hope everyone is staying safe and away from the fire.

Figured it might be a nice thing to have NS Fans keep everyone updated on their situation and safety during these trying times
That's awful. I hope you got your valuables out and you get back soon. I have family and friends close to the evacuated areas. It's very surreal. A couple of 30+ degree days coming Wednesday and Thursday too. I hope everyone and their pets stay safe.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I was scheduled to go out to Halifax for the first time ever next week. I was really looking forward to it. We’ve postponed into the fall because of the fires. I’m really disappointed but I’ve heard it’s pretty crazy over there.

Stay safe folks!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They rescinded out evac notice but basically said if you go back be prepared to leave with 30 minutes notice again.

Staying put where I am right now.
Glad to hear you’re OK. My best wishes in this trying time. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I know we've got a lot of Habs Fans in NS.

I'm currently evacuated from my apartment. Hope everyone is staying safe and away from the fire.

Figured it might be a nice thing to have NS Fans keep everyone updated on their situation and safety during these trying times
Hey, be safe.................my daughter lives in upper tantallon, and has had to leave, she and her husband are staying with us now, and we pray her house is still there, when she can return.....
These fires in the province are insane....

Hopefully the fire departments can get them contained, and mother nature gives us some rain asap....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

This is overwhelming. Other provinces need to get involved and send fireman crews, water bombers, supplies before this gets even worse. Get the army involved, lots of people lost their homes already.

Canada is always among the first to help other countries that suffer disasters. Time to do it at home for our fellow Canadians.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Be safe NS people. We keep moving towards that brink of catastrophe... I am in constant conflict with my own self and certain bad habits... Rougher and rougher times ahead for this world.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They rescinded out evac notice but basically said if you go back be prepared to leave with 30 minutes notice again.

Staying put where I am right now.
Wow... I'm just catching up with the news. I'm glad you're okay and hope you can ride this out.

Many years ago, I spent a week exploring Nova Scotia, from Pictou to Halifax. Loved the vibe and the towns... the kind of place I could live happily.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Hey, be safe.................my daughter lives in upper tantallon, and has had to leave, she and her husband are staying with us now, and we pray her house is still there, when she can return.....
These fires in the province are insane....

Hopefully the fire departments can get them contained, and mother nature gives us some rain asap....
I have a friend in upper tantallon - just a street away from the “area of significant impact” according to one map / report. I hope the situation is changing for the better. Crazy.

Reactions: Rapala and BLONG7

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am near Barrington Lake fire. It's crazy here. Largest fire in Nova Scotia history. Half of community has been evacuated. Livestock is lose, people lost pets.

So far it has not come this way. I am about 10 minute drive from evacuated area. But my nephew lost everything yesterday morning around 7. New house, barn, collector car, his tractor, 4 wheeler. He was worked up yesterday but last night settled down a bit. He was talking on rebuilding with the insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad