(Nov) PTD 2014 Thread

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
With Orr and Coffey on my team, I don't see this guy getting a ton of minutes at ES, but he will get 2nd unit PP time. The Chicago Blackhawks select Sergei Gonchar, D
sergei-gonchar.jpeg

Next PMd

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Since this draft is flying by and and there's still tons of good players available, is anyone opposed to adding 2 more rounds to draft a spare forward and a defenseman?

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Since this draft is flying by and and there's still tons of good players available, is anyone opposed to adding 2 more rounds to draft a spare forward and a defenseman?

I would only be in favor of that if spares were drafted after the 20th round. Right now I know there are only 2 people left that need to draft a Center, and that's why I did not choose one with my last two picks. It would not be fair if people started drafting their spare centers now and I missed out on one of the guys on my short list.

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
I would only be in favor of that if spares were drafted after the 20th round. Right now I know there are only 2 people left that need to draft a Center, and that's why I did not choose one with my last two picks. It would not be fair if people started drafting their spare centers now and I missed out on one of the guys on my short list.

I've added an extra two rounds onto the draft table in case you guys decide to go ahead with the idea. I agree that the spares should not be drafted until after the 20th round.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I've added an extra two rounds onto the draft table in case you guys decide to go ahead with the idea. I agree that the spares should not be drafted until after the 20th round.

Let's get confirmation from all 6 GMs before going through with this. It's pretty late in the game for a rule change...I would only be comfortable doing it if it's unanimous.

Also, is everyone on board for Assassinations after the draft is complete? With only 6 teams, each team should get multiple reviews, which is always nice. I would try to do one for everyone myself.

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Let's get confirmation from all 6 GMs before going through with this. It's pretty late in the game for a rule change...I would only be comfortable doing it if it's unanimous. Also, is everyone on board for Assassinations after the draft is complete? With only 6 teams, each team should get multiple reviews, which is always nice. I would try to do one for everyone myself.
We're having company for Thanksgiving weekend and I put off doing what I needed to do to research picks and adjust my picks in this fast moving draft. When a draft moves this fast, research can't be delayed. My vote is stop everything after the last round as we planned. If I get over ruled, I will send lists and make 2 extra picks in the spirit of good will and cooperation, but won't do reviews.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
We could do what we do with the ATD, MLD and AAA drafts and have reviews for a week, that way Hawkman you can spend time with your family and still be part of the review process. And as always if you need to send lists send them to me.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Let's just not do the spare picks if everyone will not be available. It's a nice idea, but in the end is it is highly unlikely that it will make any difference when it comes to the ranking of teams.

Agree for Assassinations to last a week.

Regarding playoff format, I think with only 6 teams we can have a poll for every series. What do you guys think?

Round 1: #1 & #2 seeds have byes, #3 vs. #6, #4 vs. #5

Round 2: #1 vs. winner 4/5, #2 vs. winner 3/6

Round 3: Round 2 winners play for the Championship, Round 2 losers play for 3rd

Is that too many?

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
...Regarding playoff format, I think with only 6 teams we can have a poll for every series. What do you guys think? Round 1: #1 & #2 seeds have byes, #3 vs. #6, #4 vs. #5 Round 2: #1 vs. winner 4/5, #2 vs. winner 3/6
Round 3: Round 2 winners play for the Championship, Round 2 losers play for 3rd Is that too many?
In order to have seeds you have to determine who they are. How are you going to determine that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad