Nov 22nd Name/Logo Reveal 5:30pm! HF Meet Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 6, 2016
Honestly I'm just ready to hate something involved with this. Lol!

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Executive Order #1: The Las Vegas NHL franchise will be called the Golden Knights.

original-17148-1392348771-16.jpg

And press conferences will be held at the Trump International Hotel.

98013_14053002150019636633.jpg

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Honestly I'm just ready to hate something involved with this. Lol!

Like the SF Giants had Crazy Crab in the 80's..YouTube it....fans hated him...threw beer, booed...the anti-mascot....everyone looked forward to the on-field appearance of Crazy Crab...he rarely showed up in the stands cause fans would jump him!!!

Jun 6, 2016
Early indications after todays Foley interview are that it's going to be the Golden Knights. FML

Jun 6, 2016
Like the SF Giants had Crazy Crab in the 80's..YouTube it....fans hated him...threw beer, booed...the anti-mascot....everyone looked forward to the on-field appearance of Crazy Crab...he rarely showed up in the stands cause fans would jump him!!!

I ended up YouTubing this and I was laughing hysterically.

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Silver Knights, Silver State (OK, got it)....Desert Knights (OK, we live in the desert...has kinda Arab insurgent feel, but maybe like cool desert protectors on horseback from "The Mummy", Got it)...Golden Knights?...(old fan of California Golden Seals, but California is at least the Golden State...)...still hoping for "Scorpions, but why not just "Knights"...that's what they'll be called anyway

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Why not just the knights? Why add gold to the name? Either way it will be interesting I can't wait to see their color scheme and logo/jerseys

Jun 6, 2016
Why not just the knights? Why add gold to the name? Either way it will be interesting I can't wait to see their color scheme and logo/jerseys

It's already taken in Canada....gotta pay to use it. Couldn't work out a deal.

Long story short.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
"Golden" is used in negative ways, like

"They missed a golden opportunity."
"The CEO got a golden parachute."
"He lived out his golden years in an old folks home."

There are more.

It's not the Golden State and Vegas doesn't have the Golden Gate bridge. Heck, it's not even the Year of the Golden Pig.

normal.jpeg

Which means more to any hockey fan, bringing home the gold or the silver?

Jun 6, 2016
News interview today with GMGM, said the name is a double entendre. Pretty easy to guess from that I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad