Nosek picked by Las Vegas

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
So, you're gonna act all upset about this...and then in the end, in your mind he is a 3rd line guy on an expansion team?

And people complaining about this by comparing it to losing Jarnkrok and Janmark like that means something?
Jarnkrok and Janmark are 3rd/4th line forwards. We have about 20 of those in the organization. Lack of 3rd and 4th line forwards is not the issue here.

First of all, there's a huge difference between a center and a winger. Second of all, obviously, there are good 3rd and 4th line players, and bad 3rd and 4th line players.

Our current 3rd line center scored 2 goals in 80 games last year.

If Nosek finshes the year as a successful 3rd line center for Las Vegas, that would undoubtedly constitute a meaningful loss.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
"Tomas Nosek had a pretty good age 24 season in the AHL. When Riley Sheahan was 24, he was finishing up his 3rd season in the NHL."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good joke........Mantha started the season in the AHL....Larkin started the season in the NHL. ..(a bigger joke)

It took Nosek about 5 to 6 games to get his first NHL goal. The way you keep 25 year playoff streaks alive is by playing players who can contribute to team wins. Team sponsors and season ticket holders were hosed big time by managements decisions.

I think you missed my point.

Nosek's AHL numbers may look good at first glance, but when you consider his age (he turns 25 before the start of next season) they aren't overly impressive.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
First of all, there's a huge difference between a center and a winger. Second of all, obviously, there are good 3rd and 4th line players, and bad 3rd and 4th line players.

Our current 3rd line center scored 2 goals in 80 games last year.

If Nosek finshes the year as a successful 3rd line center for Las Vegas, that would undoubtedly constitute a meaningful loss.

Didn't you see which other players Vegas did draft? There's at least 5-6 better centers than Nosek which will push him to wing.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
:laugh::laugh: :laugh: he was the one guy I didn't want Vegas to claim. What is our waiver position with respect to players taken in the expansion draft?

More importantly, what are the odds that he out produces Sheahan and Abby next year.

I think Vegas likes those odds...

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
who is a bottom6 center in Nashville, or am I missing some sarcasm here?

Well, Jarnkrok was playing as a 2nd center after the Johansen injury in the semi-finals (you might say 1st with Fisher injured too). So he helped his team finish off the conference final, and helped put the defending cup champs on the ropes in the cup final. Not bad for a guy that was traded ('with' a 2nd round pick!!!) to bring in a cone like center with Michigan roots. No-Legswand was acquired to fill in while Darren 'IR' Helm healed from his annual catastrophic injury, but did far worse than Jarnkrok in the end of that season. Why promote a young player with loads of potential (that's comparable in ability and role to the player lost to injury) when you can trade him 'and' a high pick to return a Michigan product that was hardly NHL worthy at that point?

Asset management, and homegrown talent evaluation are some of the things the Wings GM isn't that great at. Whether it's re-signing homegrown dregs, not promoting players that almost certainly would have been better than the player that replaced them in a trade, the Chychrun debacle, or any of the other mess they have... the Detroit dumpster-fire can now be seen from space. These moves all stink of panic, hubris, and a desire to spend to the cap limit in a desperate attempt to do something that's never been done post-cap.

I just can't understand why Holland would protect his mistakes and leave players with potential exposed, as if it's going to make the situation better. The hubris is strong with the front office.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad