GDT: Norway vs Canada

kary

May 12, 2016
30 minutes of snooze fest, but now it might be time to get popcorn

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Norway got one line that can play some. That is all.

Well - I should add the goalie of course. Solid.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Canada's NHL guys are definitely pulling their weight. The rest of the team doesn't seem up to much though. And with Covid they're not going to be getting the kind of replacements from the NHL that they usually get.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Norway might not be the pretties sight for the neutral fan, but it is very nice to see the team going through a sourly needed generational change. The 7 Ds today has an average age og 24 years, and take away Holøs it's 22,5. Used to be ten years older.

Reactions: Rufus T Firefly

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
This Norwegian team definitely isn't anything special - even by Norwegian standards.

The way it is of course for a tiny hockey nation.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
This Norwegian team definitely isn't anything special - even by Norwegian standards.

The way it is of course for a tiny hockey nation.

Only thing special is the number of debutants, and that the young D's gets a lot of responsability. Looks good for the future in my opinion.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Only thing special is the number of debutants, and that the young D's gets a lot of responsability. Looks good for the future in my opinion.

I hope you are right. I don't see it, but you never know. I have seen worse Norwegian teams, but I certainly have seen better as well. Emilio might improve the top end - and you never know if there are some late bloomers around (or new talent coming up), but you need a couple of Zuccarelos, Thoresens etc. I don't see who that would be.

Reactions: A Bundy

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Norway might not be the pretties sight for the neutral fan, but it is very nice to see the team going through a sourly needed generational change. The 7 Ds today has an average age og 24 years, and take away Holøs it's 22,5. Used to be ten years older.
Agree on this... it was not that long ago it they were 4 d deep. Jakobsen, Trygg, Holos and Tollefson i believe.

Reactions: A Bundy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's a bizarre goal and I'd be pissed if I was Norway.. but I think it's good.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think that was correct, but also the "easy" decision to make as Canada is winning this 99 out of 100 by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad