GDT: Norway vs Canada

kary

May 12, 2016
Should be no goal

Well it wasn't :)
Idk about NHL, but in international hockey the rule is there has to be a clear kicking motion for no goal (i.e. redirecting the puck intentionally with the skate is usually fine if the skate stays on the ice)

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
Yeah the rule is the same in NHL. It looked like a distinct kicking motion to me at first but upon seeing it from a different angle, I think the refs got it right.

kary

May 12, 2016
Well nothing to see here. Norway can't keep up and they can't lock it down like Germany either.

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
Yeah a bit of a dull match so far. Given their situation you'd think Canada would show some more emotion and concentration. Too many bad passes still. I actually think they looked more involved against Germany.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Those Canada jerseys are really nice.

Wait, this means teams don't have to wear those awful Olympic jerseys anymore, but most still do. What gives?

Reactions: karlstegger

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I wonder if Canada can develop a different strategy when playing these overmatched, but determined opponent?
e.g. skate the puck into the crease over and over like "drive the lane" instead of trying to setup shots to be blocked
e.g. With a 2-goal lead do what Germany did and rag the puck in the most boring and defensive way possible like winning an O-zone faceoff and bring it back behind your net

I think Team Canada could win more IIHF games against the non-NHL dominant nations by switching up their style and strategy and being less predictable (and less fun to watch).

Even right now why not just rag the puck until the end of the game?

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
I wonder if Canada can develop a different strategy when playing these overmatched, but determined opponent?
e.g. skate the puck into the crease over and over like "drive the lane" instead of trying to setup shots to be blocked
e.g. With a 2-goal lead do what Germany did and rag the puck in the most boring and defensive way possible like winning an O-zone faceoff and bring it back behind your net

I think Team Canada could win more IIHF games against the non-NHL dominant nations by switching up their style and strategy and being less predictable (and less fun to watch).

Even right now why not just rag the puck until the end of the game?
Norway is perfectly capable of losing this game all by ourselves thank you very much. No need to find new and unusal ways to beat us.

Reactions: NyQuil

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I havent seen a Canadian team with this many players that have hands of stone like....ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad