May 24, 2015
Mississauga

giphy.gif

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Good news as expected.

Engvall and Galchenyuk can both provide some scoring lower in the lineup. Engvall deserved to be playing based on how he ended the season. His speed will help our transition. Galchenyuk never should have been out of the lineup.

Reactions: hockeynorth

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Before JT injury I wanted Hyman on the top line. Things have changed. Hyman seems to improve every line. put him on the second line with Willy and Kerfoot (ugh). Matthews and Marner will create chances regardless of who's on the line with them.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If andersen comes in can he pull a Holtby?

Holtby in 2018 came in game 3 not game 2 but the capitals were down 2-0 and he took the starting spot back from grubauer all the way to a cup.

Hopefully Jack is good to go but if not Andersen has a chance to completely redeem himself and fix his legacy with the leafs.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Galch and Engvall in, Nash out. Foligno down the middle.

Probably going to see...

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Foligno - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Simmonds
Spezza - Engvall - Thornton

oh nevermind lol it's already been posted, the combinations.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
You're right. I am not going to disagree. They probably like the leadership he brings to the bench, though.

what good is leadership if he’s directly responsible for both goals last night right?

It’s just upsetting knowing that we have better players sitting in the press box while he costs us game 1

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I love Hyman I really do. Want him back as a Leaf his entire career. But we have seen time and time again that where ever you put him there is an impact. When he played with Micheyev and Engvall, that line was dominant. Big, Fast, Fiesty and great defensively. Your prototypical 3rd line.

When Hyman got hurt, Gally replaced him on first line with Matthews and Marner. Gally performed. Used his speed, hit everything in sight, and went into the dirty areas for our more skilled players. Why he was taken off that line after Foligno was acquired I do not know.

The lines without Tavares should be as follows, anything other would be foolish of Keefe:

Gally-Matthews-Marner
Foligno-Kerfoot-Nylander
Hyman-Engvall-Micheyev
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

Better balance, and Im sorry the Canadiens do not have any line to match up against the Hyman line. They just dont. That line would create havoc all game.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Not a bad setup. Certainly allows keefe to roll the bottom three more evenly.

Removing nash from the lineup is a mistake imo. His pk ability, defensive acumen could be used on the 4th line wing.
Keeping Nash in and taking Thornton out makes all the sense in the world. Nash actually performed extremely well on the PK and the results spoke for themselves. But for some inexplicable reason Thornton needs to be in the lineup at all costs. This is getting ridiculous already.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Not a bad setup. Certainly allows keefe to roll the bottom three more evenly.

Removing nash from the lineup is a mistake imo. His pk ability, defensive acumen could be used on the 4th line wing.

I probably would have Nash in over Thornton at this point. But he doesn't really move the needle for the team. Keefe needs to lean on his top 3 lines harder now, and avoid the 4th line.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I love Hyman I really do. Want him back as a Leaf his entire career. But we have seen time and time again that where ever you put him there is an impact. When he played with Micheyev and Engvall, that line was dominant. Big, Fast, Fiesty and great defensively. Your prototypical 3rd line.

When Hyman got hurt, Gally replaced him on first line with Matthews and Marner. Gally performed. Used his speed, hit everything in sight, and went into the dirty areas for our more skilled players. Why he was taken off that line after Foligno was acquired I do not know.

The lines without Tavares should be as follows, anything other would be foolish of Keefe:

Gally-Matthews-Marner
Foligno-Kerfoot-Nylander
Hyman-Engvall-Micheyev
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

Better balance, and Im sorry the Canadiens do not have any line to match up against the Hyman line. They just dont. That line would create havoc all game.
Actually I found Gally was pretty bad with Matthews and Marner but great anytime he's been with Willy, I'd keep him there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad