North Bay Battalion 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
According to the Brantford Expositor, the city council there voted unanimously to propose building a new 5000-seat arena in hopes of keeping the Bulldogs permanently. That would mean that Hamilton would be on the hunt to host a team in their eventual renovated arena. Mississauga would be an obvious candidate but if Battalion attendance numbers remain low, they might be considered as well.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
runs around but can't fight, wow,Stewart just quit feeding him after he threw him around

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Running around doesn't imply dirty hits. Just means you go out of your way looking for the huge hit, even if it isnt the right play. Can be clean still
You obviously do not watch NB often enough to state this. The NZ funnel to the left boards defensive system used by the battalion has opposition players for some reason with their head down running into Lukin more often than ‘Lukin running around looking for the big hit’.

Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
NB would be an extremely tough test with a full Gens team, let alone missing 2/3 of their top line and their top D-man, along with just 9 Fs dressed tonight.

I'll say it'll be 6-2 NB, Jackson GWG

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
NB / OSH

Pasquale Zito is back in, Luc the Bruzer is out, Charlie has the net. If I am reading the line combo thing correctly, looks like Josh Bloom is on the 3rd group with Cap'n Arny and Tarasevich.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
You obviously do not watch NB often enough to state this. The NZ funnel to the left boards defensive system used by the battalion has opposition players for some reason with their head down running into Lukin more often than ‘Lukin running around looking for the big hit’.
Dude what are you saying? Im not talking about anyone specificly. Im talking about the term "running around". It doesnt mean dirty hits. It means going out of your way looking for the hit even if its not the right play. Stop trying to turn everythign into a fight holy shit

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
K-Mac, congrats on the signing with Dallas and nice way to celebrate tonight. I wonder if GM Adam would like a do over on the Alex Christopoulos trade last season.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Dude what are you saying? Im not talking about anyone specificly. Im talking about the term "running around". It doesnt mean dirty hits. It means going out of your way looking for the hit even if its not the right play. Stop trying to turn everythign into a fight holy shit
You replied to a post about Lukin specifically. Maybe I missed a post earlier.
Were you referring to the Sarnia game? Things did go sideways for the battalion for 2-3 weeks; but since that game, NB has allowed 3 goals in 5 games.
Without pointing to a specific game, I don’t think any of NB, Peterborough, Barrie, and Ottawa can be accused of running around looking for the big hit even if it’s not the right play.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Notes from Saturday’s workout:

Understanding the average age is 18.5 or so and the players are all in superb physical condition, I admit to being somewhat surprised going into the arena for a mid-day walk and seeing the team on the ice. Friday night Oshawa game 7:30 start, 10:00 end, bus back to NB , presume 2:00 – 3:00am return and on ice for noon, not bad.

Justin Ertel was in regular gear, maybe Sunday? Tnias Mathurin and Luc Bruzer were in red, status unknown.

From the “if only” files: if only that mid 3rd period scrummed, scuffled dribbler didn’t get between Dom DV’s legs last Wednesday, the Battalion would be looking at posting 4 consecutive shutouts.

With 1265 unsold tickets as at 2:15 Sat., attendance should be just over 3000, reaching these lofty heights for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time this season.

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021

Understanding the average age is 18.5 or so and the players are all in superb physical condition, I admit to being somewhat surprised going into the arena for a mid-day walk and seeing the team on the ice. Friday night Oshawa game 7:30 start, 10:00 end, bus back to NB , presume 2:00 – 3:00am return and on ice for noon, not bad.

Justin Ertel was in regular gear, maybe Sunday? Tnias Mathurin and Luc Bruzer were in red, status unknown.

From the “if only” files: if only that mid 3rd period scrummed, scuffled dribbler didn’t get between Dom DV’s legs last Wednesday, the Battalion would be looking at posting 4 consecutive shutouts.

With 1265 unsold tickets as at 2:15 Sat., attendance should be just over 3000, reaching these lofty heights for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time this season.

Thank you sir! I always enjoy your updates. Encouraging news about Mathurin. Imagine if we had him all year!

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Who was Ertel on a practice line with?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Didn't really notice lines as I arrived probably 40 - 45 min. after the start. By then it seemed more like a shoot around, game day skate type of situation.

Reactions: dirty12

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Arnsby set the tone for this game. Should of got a star. Tough game for Bloom out there. Would love to see him get hot again.

Reactions: The Green Tank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad