North Bay Battalion 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I’m fairly confident not too many people would agree with your opinion. Brock Otten just wrote in his OHL Awards that he is the top penalty killer in the league. Then again everyone is entitled to their opinions

your his father. why do you care what a random internet poster says about the kid, hes 19 and can stand on his own two feet by now.

Reactions: Samee987

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
The schedule-maker must think the Battalion are still in Brampton. The team has to go on the road Saturday night down to Niagara and then play an afternoon game the next day at home. Sure, they're young and fit but that is a tiresome grind for anybody as well as lousy scheduling.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Notes from Wednesday’s workout:

Kyle McDonald – after leaving Sunday’s game early 2nd per., K-Mac was in regular gear, participated fully and seemed to be at game speed.

Tnias Mathurin – remains in red non-contact, participated at decent but perhaps not game speed and I believe left the ice after 40 min. or so. Please refer to team’s website for Coach’s update re: Tnias.

For the sake of discussion, let’s presume TM5 is deemed ready to play in the next few weeks or so. If the team is still playing, which of the existing 6 D-group is dropped to make room? Or does the team go to an 11 / 7 alignment? If so, which forward will be watching?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Notes from Wednesday’s workout:

Kyle McDonald – after leaving Sunday’s game early 2nd per., K-Mac was in regular gear, participated fully and seemed to be at game speed.

Tnias Mathurin – remains in red non-contact, participated at decent but perhaps not game speed and I believe left the ice after 40 min. or so. Please refer to team’s website for Coach’s update re: Tnias.

For the sake of discussion, let’s presume TM5 is deemed ready to play in the next few weeks or so. If the team is still playing, which of the existing 6 D-group is dropped to make room? Or does the team go to an 11 / 7 alignment? If so, which forward will be watching?
Imo 6 D if all forwards are healthy, and Mathurin might have play his way from 3rd pairing to top pair, though that might no take long as the Battalion don’t seem to rush players back after injury

Petrov-Jackson-Ertel
Bloom-Zito-MacDonald
VanSteensel-Arnsby-Tarasevich
Romani-Wakely-Proscyzn

Lukin-Nelson
Hislop-Christopolous
Mathurin-Winslow

Last edited:
Reactions: The Green Tank

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
Imo 6 D if all forwards are healthy, and Mathurin might have play his way from 3rd pairing to top pair, though that might no take long as the Battalion don’t seem to rush players back after injury

Petrov-Jackson-Ertel
Bloom-Zito-MacDonald
VanSteensel-Arnsby-Tarasevich
Romani-Wakely-Proscyzn

Lukin-Nelson
Hislop-Christopolous
Mathurin-Winslow

I like it! I might scratch Procyszyn and add Brzustowski.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
So what was that on Romani? Has been one of most consistent offensive producers this second half and doing it in limited spot duty minutes.

Reactions: Birddog

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Clinched Central Division with 4-0 win tonight !
Well done fella.
Didn’t see K Mac out for the third period again tonight, hope all is well?

Greatger

May 11, 2007
With tonight's goal, Ty Nelson has broken the franchise record for most points in a single season by a Battalion defenceman! 73 and counting. Way to go Ty !!!!!

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Mason Wray taking out Dom at the end of the game last night. What sneaky rookie move. I beat his father had a talk to him after the game.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Some random notes and observations from Thursday’s game:

Kyle McDonald: with about 16:00 remaining in the 2nd, K-Mac was heading to the attacking left corner chasing a loose puck. He took a bad step &/or caught his left skate, legs flew apart and he sort of cork-screwed into the end boards. After a few seconds he got up and made his way very slowly to the bench. With 11:52 remaining the camera caught him on the bench, but he was not there at the end of the period and did not play after the incident. Pure speculation on my part, but with his injury situation this season, I suspect he won’t play this weekend and hopefully he will be ready for Playoff Game 1.

Liam Arnsby: I remain curious why Cap’n Arny is on the first power play unit. Maybe someone could help me understand.

Owen VanSteensel: speaking of officiating, there was an interesting sequence mid-way in the 1st. OVS was cruising in O-zone high slot, HAM player cross-checked him twice, he stumbled on the 2nd. In mid fall another ‘dog body checked him to the ice, the puck was nowhere near any of this. So, 2 cross checks plus blatant interference = play on, nothing to see here.

Masen Wray / DDV: TV analyst Greg Theberge figured it was unintentional and merely incidental contact. A fan sitting near me said Scott Wray got up close and personal with his son as the teams were leaving the ice.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Weekend Roster:

On the HAM / NB telecast, the announce team were speculating about resting players vs. keeping them all in the lineup this weekend. From the “I know a guy who knows a guy” files, a friend of mine says he understands 2022 draftee (5 / 101) Dylan Richter, a 1 point per game player for Strathroy GOJHL, will be called up to play both weekenders. Will he join the rest of the “black aces” in seeing action in the last 2 of the regular season? Who will be in and who will be out? And does it matter?

Oct 3, 2019
Some random notes and observations from Thursday’s game:

Kyle McDonald: with about 16:00 remaining in the 2nd, K-Mac was heading to the attacking left corner chasing a loose puck. He took a bad step &/or caught his left skate, legs flew apart and he sort of cork-screwed into the end boards. After a few seconds he got up and made his way very slowly to the bench. With 11:52 remaining the camera caught him on the bench, but he was not there at the end of the period and did not play after the incident. Pure speculation on my part, but with his injury situation this season, I suspect he won’t play this weekend and hopefully he will be ready for Playoff Game 1.

Liam Arnsby: I remain curious why Cap’n Arny is on the first power play unit. Maybe someone could help me understand.

Owen VanSteensel: speaking of officiating, there was an interesting sequence mid-way in the 1st. OVS was cruising in O-zone high slot, HAM player cross-checked him twice, he stumbled on the 2nd. In mid fall another ‘dog body checked him to the ice, the puck was nowhere near any of this. So, 2 cross checks plus blatant interference = play on, nothing to see here.

Masen Wray / DDV: TV analyst Greg Theberge figured it was unintentional and merely incidental contact. A fan sitting near me said Scott Wray got up close and personal with his son as the teams were leaving the ice.
Love Arnsby. In my opinion they should get Zito on pp1. His vision and playmaking is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad