Frans Nielsen
Mike Vukota
Vlad Malakhov

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Proud to be the first one in the thread to mention Jon Klemm.

I'm not even going to check to see if that's true because deep down, I know it's true.
Look at you stealing one of my answers and a Flames fan stealing my other one with Yelle

Just want to for a moment appreciate that the list of players with 2 Cup rings for the Avs is Sakic, Roy, Forsberg, Foote, Yelle and Klemm. 2 of my 3 all time favourite role players for the Avs (Cogs is the other with Laperriere a very close 4th)

• Haha
Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Look at you stealing one of my answers and a Flames fan stealing my other one with Yelle

Just want to for a moment appreciate that the list of players with 2 Cup rings for the Avs is Sakic, Roy, Forsberg, Foote, Yelle and Klemm. 2 of my 3 all time favourite role players for the Avs (Cogs is the other with Laperriere a very close 4th)

Can I throw in two-time Stanley Cup champion (and former Av and Flame) Chris "The Dinger" Dingman?

My all-time favorite official is Butch Mousseau (a sentiment shared by probably 75% of people who played or coached college or junior hockey, or played beer league, in Denver metro over a decade or so period). Anyhow, Butch passed away on the ice awhile back (story here):

One of my favorite things Butch would do was that he trusted me enough to ask me if a puck had crossed the goal line or not - and I would tell him what I thought (even if I thought it was a goal).

Anyhow, at Chris Dingman's first Avalanche training camp, he was coming out for Scott Parker's job and at the Burgundy and White scrimmage, he and Parker went. At. It. Hard.

And Butchie was one of the poor souls who had to try and separate them eventually.

Reactions: DaveG and GeoRox89

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
All Canucks fans will have their engine guys. When you think of a Canuck to Canucks fans you think of guys that are all heart and compete every game. Guys like Hansen, Burrows, Motte, Garland, etc.

Our fan base consistently rewards these players and absolutely loathes those who don't play like them. It blows me away when GM's get rid of engine players. They should all be aiming for the bottom six to be littered with nothing but these players and if you can luck out and find skill with an engine then hold onto those players forever.

Absolutely blows me away that guys like Brandon Tanev, Gourde, etc. aren't higher commodity, despite being undersized. They add so much value in possession, bringing energy to the team, being leaders, etc. They may not be top points getters but they can also flip a game like the top stars can as well.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Nate Thompson, Cédric Paquette, Braydon Coburn, Alex Killorn, Ryan Malone.

Tyler Johnson only had one year you could argue he was a star player so I'll add him too.

Reactions: banks

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Hmmmmmm aside from Smith, probably Bellmare, I liked when he played for us, I also liked how he didn't score against us everytime we meet while he played for us. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad