Non-star players from your team history you miss the most

insomniaddict

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
Antoine Roussel. That dude was such a workhorse and great at agitating the opponent's players. Truly the kinda player fans loved and other teams' fans hated.

Reactions: Tofveve

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
2018 playoffs Devante Smith Pelly. He was absolutely determined to go all the way.

1713139412785.png

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Janne Niinima because he’d do some really bizarre stuff (like odd times spinoramas) that looked hilarious but occasionally worked.

Also because he was a hardcore metal head who’d show up and support the local scene.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Antti Laaksonen. Anti Laxative really did make it so you didn't need to crap your pants watching an expansion team play defense.

Wes Walz. I loved watching Crazy Legs fly around the ice. He was far more fun as a player than as color-commentator whose one color is beige. I watched him score a goal by flying into the net with the puck in his breezers (hockey pants for the rest of you). You can't teach that skill.

Andrew Brunette. His drunk driving arrest was problematic a year or so ago, but he was a funny guy while with the Wild, and I loved watching him skate as slow as could be, yet control the puck in slow motion through defenders, and put up points regardless.
He scored a few extra points in my book when he played against the Wild for Colorado: he called out to Walz, who was skating toward the net in the Avs zone, "Walzy Walzy Walzy!" Walz dropped the puck for a drop-pass before a split second later remembering that Bruno wasn't on the Wild anymore. Funniest turnover I ever saw. Not even mad.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Great thread idea.

In the 80s, I really liked Mike McPhee for the Habs.

Starting In the late 90s, I was a big fan of Ulf Dahlen on the Caps. He was only with the team for a few years, but he was a cycling machine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad