Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
So sad to hear that Parker needs Tommy John surgery again...

Right before his first Opening Day start, too. I'm not an A's fan, but damn, I feel for him. He's young to be going through his second TJS. Hope he has successful operation and recovery.

Huge blow to the A's Championship hopes, and very concerning for Parker's future. 2 Tommy John surgeries in 4 years? Yikes.

He was clearly worn down and tired at the end of last year after struggling with some pain throughout the season.

I thought an off season to recover would bring him back recharged and ready to dominate. Very disappointing.

Gray, Kazmir, and Milone are going to need to step up big time. I hate the thought of Jesse Chavez being added to the rotation as well. He is such a weapon coming out of the bullpen as a long man.

It's going to be very interesting to see how things play out. I'll still be there opening night cheering my *** off!

Raiders making a great move picking up James Jones. Love that signing. The WR group needs a vet in there.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Tough news for Parker... I know this will be his second Tommy John surgery now, and it's difficult enough I would think to rehab from just one. Hopefully, he comes back better than ever for next year, but it's a huge blow to Oakland this year.

Straily, Gray and Kazmir need to step up. I think they will have good seasons this year. I am not a fan of their other starters, though (Griffin and Milone).

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Griffin is fine. He just needs to locate his fastball better and give up less hr's. At least he doesn't walk anyone so most of his.hr's given up were solos.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I've watched New Mexico quite a bit as well. Despite losing a first round pick to the NBA from last year (and their coach), they might have a better overall team this year even though they got a 3 seed last year (and then got bounced in the "second round"). I thought they were underseeded.

I had them at a low 4/high 5

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Is Cal Poly in northern California?

Wherever it is, good luck to them even though I don't think they'll win tonight. Then again, people have been doubting them for weeks, and they made it despite their losing record.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Is Cal Poly in northern California?

Wherever it is, good luck to them even though I don't think they'll win tonight. Then again, people have been doubting them for weeks, and they made it despite their losing record.

Cal Poly is on the central coast. Best weather in California! :yo:

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
pence-at-home.gif

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
New coach, same result for New Mexico. I really thought Stanford had no chance of winning. Not that I thought Stanford was a bad team... I just thought New Mexico was better (and underseeded). I had them going pretty far too. Oh well. Another early exit for the Lobos in March.

And the Raiders gave a 6th round pick to Houston for Matt Schaub. I guess they won't be taking a quarterback early in May's draft.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
New coach, same result for New Mexico. I really thought Stanford had no chance of winning. Not that I thought Stanford was a bad team... I just thought New Mexico was better (and underseeded). I had them going pretty far too. Oh well. Another early exit for the Lobos in March.

And the Raiders gave a 6th round pick to Houston for Matt Schaub. I guess they won't be taking a quarterback early in May's draft.

I certainly get a bit of pleasure from knowing that Dawkins is still playing while Coach K is out. But really, that Duke coaching tree needs to learn to not choke :sarcasm:

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Stanford temporarily destroyed my bracket before Kentucky brought it back to life! Good to see the Cardinals making a deep run though, would be crazy if they somehow met my Aztecs in the Final Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad