Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's not as if they're losing all of that anyway. Reid and Bethea will still be hitting people when the time comes. But their defense needs better coverage more than they need that big hit factor.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
12 million is a huge overpayment. glad it wasn't the Niners. Walter Thurmond still out there. I'd want them to take a run at him.

I also firmly believe the Niners will trade up in the first round to take a high wide receiver like Adams from Texas A&M or Clinton-Dixx

Draft is too deep and the 49ers can fill all holes in the first 3 rounds. I wouldn't trade up at all.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Stanford basketball won yesterday. I think they're a lock to make the NCAA Tournament now.

As for Cal, they need to beat Colorado today. If they don't, I don't think they'll make it.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
ESPN's Mel Kiper has the Raiders taking QB Teddy Bridgewater with their first round pick in his latest mock draft. He has the 49ers taking CB Kyle Fuller.

I could live with that. Walter Thurmond and Julien Edelman are both visiting. Would be a steal if they could manage to get both.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
ESPN's Mel Kiper has the Raiders taking QB Teddy Bridgewater with their first round pick in his latest mock draft. He has the 49ers taking CB Kyle Fuller.

If the Raiders take Bridgewater they really are hopeless.

They need a LT, and there are tons of great ones available.

I would also be ok with Clowney, but i'm not sure he will be there at 5.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Warriors had an 18 point lead on the lowly Cavs, only for Mark Jackson to once again mismanage his bench and now they're getting thrashed.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If the Raiders take Bridgewater they really are hopeless.

They need a LT, and there are tons of great ones available.

I would also be ok with Clowney, but i'm not sure he will be there at 5.

I agree with you that they should take an offensive tackle with the 5th pick. If they do take a QB, who is going to block for him? And who would the quarterback throw to? Taking a QB just for the sake of taking one just seems like a Raiders move to me. I really feel bad for you guys.

I don't think Clowney will be there at 5, either.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
New Mexico deserved a higher seed. Obvious bias against the Mountain West, yet again.

I don't see Stanford coming within 10 pts, to be honest.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
You never know. I've seen a lot of nm this season. They're very athletic from the bigs down.

I've watched New Mexico quite a bit as well. Despite losing a first round pick to the NBA from last year (and their coach), they might have a better overall team this year even though they got a 3 seed last year (and then got bounced in the "second round"). I thought they were underseeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad