Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, they're married to Quick one way or the other. Even if it's a rebound year for Kuemper, he isn't going to carry them to a cup if Quick falters.
I know Stalock isn't comparable to Kuemper this year, but I would trade him for Rieder in a heartbeat.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Scandella with the game winner tonight with 0.2 seconds left in OT. :wave:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well, the Cullen to Pittsburgh thing should be officially dead.

I'm glad the Wild didn't make that trade for Brassard. It looks like a really good deal for Pit though, got rid of a guy they didn't want (Cole)+a b-prospect + a 1st for what is probably the best center lineup in the league now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, PITT #1 pick is likely to be a very late one now...more like an early 2nd. That's very different than giving up our #1, which is likely to be more middle of the pack.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well, PITT #1 pick is likely to be a very late one now...more like an early 2nd. That's very different than giving up our #1, which is likely to be more middle of the pack.

I agree. I also just don't like Brassard. No reason why, I'm just not a fan of his.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Bos is 1p ahead of Tor in the Atlantic and the have 5 games in hand. Odd scheduling disparity with those two teams with ~20 games left in the season. Bos/Fla was canceled earlier this year and needs to be made up, but 4 games is still a lot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Whoa, baby!

They were trying to get Vegas to take on Brassard (on paper), retain money on him, then he goes to Pit for even cheaper. I guess.

Edit" Good thing they didn't try this at the TDL, only to have it be rejected and have the time expire before it could be re-worked.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's kind of nuts how hard St Louis is falling right now. I don't think Calgary poses a major threat to them, but the Kings certainly could push them out and keep them out. That Schenn trade suddenly looks a lot more expensive...

And did Vegas really get into that whole Brassard thing to keep him away from Winnipeg? Hilarious.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
It's kind of nuts how hard St Louis is falling right now. I don't think Calgary poses a major threat to them, but the Kings certainly could push them out and keep them out. That Schenn trade suddenly looks a lot more expensive...

And did Vegas really get into that whole Brassard thing to keep him away from Winnipeg? Hilarious.
Part of me feels bad for St Louis because we all know how that feels with Yeo as the coach and the team looking like they just don't care anymore but St Louis should have seen what Yeo did here and see how year after year we had bad swoons that we luckily came out of and squeaked into the playoffs. I wouldn't count the Blues out quite yet

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Part of me feels bad for St Louis because we all know how that feels with Yeo as the coach and the team looking like they just don't care anymore but St Louis should have seen what Yeo did here and see how year after year we had bad swoons that we luckily came out of and squeaked into the playoffs. I wouldn't count the Blues out quite yet
I wouldn't either, and I weirdly hold very little animosity toward the Blues or Yeo. I want to beat them, but I don't wish any particular ill upon them.

I'm also not quite ready to attribute this to Yeo. I have my issues with how he handled some things here, but overall the Wild are just about as erratic under Boudreau as they were under Yeo. And the Blues don't have a great history of living up to their own expectations either. I dunno, we'll see what happens. It'd be kind of crazy to see them miss the playoffs though.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I wouldn't either, and I weirdly hold very little animosity toward the Blues or Yeo. I want to beat them, but I don't wish any particular ill upon them.

I'm also not quite ready to attribute this to Yeo. I have my issues with how he handled some things here, but overall the Wild are just about as erratic under Boudreau as they were under Yeo. And the Blues don't have a great history of living up to their own expectations either. I dunno, we'll see what happens. It'd be kind of crazy to see them miss the playoffs though.

The single most sane post on HF today.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I always liked Yeo. His time was just done here. STL always seems to have injury problems, or goalie problems. I do wonder if Yeo has been benching Tarasenko and trying to make him into a two way player with a more boring stat line, though.

Brodziak is the ultimate Yeo player.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Evander Kane scratched tonight, I have a feeling he will be in the Western Conference soon

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Evander Kane scratched tonight, I have a feeling he will be in the Western Conference soon
I think he would be a good fit for Vegas. Wonder if they're willing to make any moves this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad