Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Russo said on the podcast that the expansion process will change, and the fee is rising to $650M this time. Then he said, "if anything, they're going to get more of an ability to have a good team."
I heard that and cringed. All the more reason to go for the crazy "trade for Tavares and immediately rebuild" plan :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Russo said on the podcast that the expansion process will change, and the fee is rising to $650M this time. Then he said, "if anything, they're going to get more of an ability to have a good team."

I don't mind if it hits all teams about equally. Vegas only really hit a couple of teams hard (Wild being one of them).

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The Avs lose and stay behind us. St Louis loses and falls to a wildcard spot; we're 4 points behind with 3 games in hand. Great time to use the loss to Washington to re-focus and go on a winning streak.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
NYR/Philly game right now is goaltending optional 5-4 going into the 2nd intermission.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Damn Canucks, blowing a 3rd period lead losing in OT to Colorado.

Probably Vanek's fault.

Unless Vanek is a PKer now, you can't really blame him for more than 1 GA (he took a penalty). Avs went 5 of 6 on the PP.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Have you looked at the rest of their d-corps? Olofsson/Dumba, Reilly/Prosser, Seeler/Murphy might be a better 3 pairs.

Oh its awful. Their surprisingly excellent (for their standards) season is hurting their rebuild, really. Before the season I was convinced they were going to have a top 3 lottery chance and end up with Dahlin.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Oh its awful. Their surprisingly excellent (for their standards) season is hurting their rebuild, really. Before the season I was convinced they were going to have a top 3 lottery chance and end up with Dahlin.

Johnson being healthy (until now); Kerfoot, Rantanen, and Zardorov came into their own a year sooner than expected; and Bernier/Varlarmov being a good goalie duo; and the Duchene distraction being gone all played a big part in the Av's rebound. They have a decent future ahead of them, if things don't fall apart again.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Johnson being healthy (until now); Kerfoot, Rantanen, and Zardorov came into their own a year sooner than expected; and Bernier/Varlarmov being a good goalie duo; and the Duchene distraction being gone all played a big part in the Av's rebound. They have a decent future ahead of them, if things don't fall apart again.

Here's hoping that Patrick Roy gets brought back into an important position again :naughty:

Goose312

May 15, 2015

All the more reason to do your best to end up with a Vegas first round matchup.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I feel bad for Kuemper, he just got traded to AZ. Not the best place to go for a goalie needing a contract when the season ends.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I feel bad for Kuemper, he just got traded to AZ. Not the best place to go for a goalie needing a contract when the season ends.

They extended him: 2 years, $3.7MM. Could be a great situation for him, given Raanta's injury issues.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They extended him: 2 years, $3.7MM. Could be a great situation for him, given Raanta's injury issues.

It's a pay raise from his league min this year. It could be good for Kemps, or it could be bad for AZ. I don't see much middle ground with between the two.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
That seems really odd to me. He's actually been a very solid backup for LA, while Quick has had a pretty mediocre year.

And I am very far from being a Kuemper fan.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That seems really odd to me. He's actually been a very solid backup for LA, while Quick has had a pretty mediocre year.

And I am very far from being a Kuemper fan.
If the Kings are in need of bottom 6 help, I can see where this makes sense. If Quick gets hurt, they're dead anyway.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If the Kings are in need of bottom 6 help, I can see where this makes sense. If Quick gets hurt, they're dead anyway.
Yeah, they're married to Quick one way or the other. Even if it's a rebound year for Kuemper, he isn't going to carry them to a cup if Quick falters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad