Non-Hockey Sports Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Surprised the Vikings are bringing Newman back. Seems awfully crowded in the defensive backfield after drafting Hughes.
Yeah I thought they may have assumed he wasn't coming back when they drafted Hughes. I guess it can't hurt to have the depth though.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Newman would be a fantastic depth DB for us. If he's ok filling that role.

Great mentor for the young guys, and he's a great guy to come off the bench and fill in for injuries.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This Josh Hader kid the Brewers have is something special. He's the fireman of the bullpen, not really the closer.

He just had a 2.2 inning save and faced 9 batters: 8k, 1BB.

It's still early but his stats are amazing: 18 IP, 39k, 5BB, 1.0 ERA, 4 hits allowed, 4 for 4 saves (all more than 3 outs saves too), 11 games.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Apparently Eric Miller was the Rapids' defensive player of the year last year. We badly, badly needed to upgrade our defense. Hopefully this guy can play, because I'm bummed to give up Nicholson.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota

Apparently Eric Miller was the Rapids' defensive player of the year last year. We badly, badly needed to upgrade our defense. Hopefully this guy can play, because I'm bummed to give up Nicholson.

Brother played traveling with him for 5 years. Dude is a major tool and a big part is his dad.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The division sucks obviously. Add another loss to the lowly White Sox last night. Not a closer to be found on this team

Not disagreeing at all. It's sad how bad the division is, the 2nd place team in the AL Central would be 5th in every other Division.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
The progress of Allianz Field is happening fast, at least externally. In comparison Audi Field in DC is supposed to be opening in July only looks marginally more finished.

The skin that will wrap the stadium looks a lot different than what I was expecting:
PTFE-560x420.jpg

The colors of the seats will be Black, Dark Grey, Light Grey, Red, Navy Blue.
I hope the design they are planning for the seats doesn't look too busy. The Navy Blue in particular is a little worrying because that color isn't associated with the club at all.

I hope they stay true to the Interior Renderings:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yadier Molina (STL) out for at least a month the a "groin injury" that required surgery. He got cup-checked by a 100 mph+ fastball that was foul tipped (basically deflected) right into his boy parts. :cry:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The progress of Allianz Field is happening fast, at least externally. In comparison Audi Field in DC is supposed to be opening in July only looks marginally more finished.

The skin that will wrap the stadium looks a lot different than what I was expecting:
PTFE-560x420.jpg

The colors of the seats will be Black, Dark Grey, Light Grey, Red, Navy Blue.
I hope the design they are planning for the seats doesn't look too busy. The Navy Blue in particular is a little worrying because that color isn't associated with the club at all.

I hope they stay true to the Interior Renderings:

So f***ing excited. I just want to fast forward to next year. Going to be so pumped walking through the doors at Allianz for the first time!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brother played traveling with him for 5 years. Dude is a major tool and a big part is his dad.
Well, that's disappointing to hear.

I run into one of those parents who are WAY too invested in their kids, every now and again. It usually doesn't work out well.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Has to be announcement of a team right?

I understand that travel makes it difficult but Minnesota/WCHA region is a no-brainer place to have professional women's hockey.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Article from CBSSports:
Karl-Anthony Towns' relationship with the Timberwolves has reportedly grown as cool as the Minnesota winter air.
According to ESPN's Zach Lowe, Towns and the franchise are "not in a good place internally" right now. Fellow ESPNer Brian Windhorst piled on to that sentiment in the same podcast, speculating that, while Pelicans superstar Anthony Davis appears to be staying in New Orleans and out of trade talks, the same may not be said for Towns.
"I don't think Anthony Davis is going anywhere any time soon," Windhorst said. "But Towns … now that might be a different story."
Karl-Anthony Towns, Timberwolves reportedly 'not in a good place internally'

I'm sure glad I'm not a Wolves fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad