Non-Hockey Sports Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So has anyone been to the Indy 500? I'm thinking of making a somewhat last minute trip there this year.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
So has anyone been to the Indy 500? I'm thinking of making a somewhat last minute trip there this year.
I had a friend that went last year. It looked like a blast. There's a lot of cool things to see and do besides the race, which is awesome in itself.

I hope you decided to go.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I had a friend that went last year. It looked like a blast. There's a lot of cool things to see and do besides the race, which is awesome in itself.

I hope you decided to go.

I'm thinking of going to Carb Day (Friday) and the 500. I'm just unsure if I'm going to get a hotel or drive back home (~300 miles) in between.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So, out of the big four, which team will win a championship first? Wild are in perpetual retooling mode. Vikings have no offensive line, and questions are about on their offense. Timberwolves...just suck. Twins...just suck. My bet is the Vikings.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
So, out of the big four, which team will win a championship first? Wild are in perpetual retooling mode. Vikings have no offensive line, and questions are about on their offense. Timberwolves...just suck. Twins...just suck. My bet is the Vikings.
Yea, Vikings are the best bet.

Twins suck.
Wild suck.
Timberwolves suck (until they get a new coach).
Vikings are really good.

Vikings are a top 5 team this year and I expect them to be back in the NFC championship game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yea, Vikings are the best bet.

Twins suck.
Wild suck.
Timberwolves suck (until they get a new coach).
Vikings are really good.

Vikings are a top 5 team this year and I expect them to be back in the NFC championship game.

If Rodgers is healthy GB wins the Division and MN is a WC team; both teams finish between 12-4 and 10-6. GB has an easier/better balanced schedule and that's the big difference.
-GB gets to break-in their new players/systems against weaker teams the first 5 weeks of the season than MN.
-GB gets their mini bye week before the 2nd GB/MN game (@.MN, the game that decides the Division imo).

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
If Rodgers is healthy GB wins the Division and MN is a WC team; both teams finish between 12-4 and 10-6. GB has an easier/better balanced schedule and that's the big difference.
-GB gets to break-in their new players/systems against weaker teams the first 5 weeks of the season than MN.
-GB gets their mini bye week before the 2nd GB/MN game (@.MN, the game that decides the Division imo).
????

The Packers have the toughest SOS this season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
????

The Packers have the toughest SOS this season.

I'll take GB's over MN just because of the way it balances out. They play the same teams except GB is @.Redskins and ATL at home (in Dec). MN gets @.Philly and NO at home. Both teams are at NE, Jets, SEA, and Rams.

GB get Rams after their bye week and MN after their mini-bye. MN gets Philly after their mini-bye week and Bears after their bye week.

Of course everything goes out the window if either Rodgers or Cousins gets injured and misses extended time.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I'll take GB's over MN just because of the way it balances out. They play the same teams except GB is @.Redskins and ATL at home (in Dec). MN gets @.Philly and NO at home. Both teams are at NE, Jets, SEA, and Rams.

GB get Rams after their bye week and MN after their mini-bye. MN gets Philly after their mini-bye week and Bears after their bye week.

Of course everything goes out the window if either Rodgers or Cousins gets injured and misses extended time.
Minnesota has the better team. Schedule will play very little into things, you're reaching.

Vikings win the NFC North again, not worried. You can trash me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Minnesota has the better team. Schedule will play very little into things, you're reaching.

Vikings win the NFC North again, not worried. You can trash me if I'm wrong.

MN has the better defense (pretty much everywhere), GB has the better offense (o-line and QB for sure). Schedule plays into how teams do almost every season (stupid Thursday night and London games).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How is Angel Hernandez still employed as a MLB umpire? He's awful behind the plate and has been for years.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
How is Angel Hernandez still employed as a MLB umpire? He's awful behind the plate and has been for years.
It's a mix of the Old Boys Club and the league not wanting to change things. He is the kind of umpire that makes me want a robot/computer to call the game even if it's too strict.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'll laugh at any packers fan who honestly believes that a fully healthy packers team,is miles better then a fully healthy Vikings team.Wake up call that's not the case.
Miles better, maybe not. But better nonetheless. Dom Capers is out as D coordinator. Don't expect the same trash defenses like years past. Rodgers already has a healthy W/L record in his favor. Discounting that he was injured this past year, I'm sure you'd love to compare against Hundley led teams cause he sucks, Rodgers has gone 11-3-0 against Minnesota since 2010. Minnesota's three victories were by a combined 13 points (37-34, 20-13, 17-14).

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Miles better, maybe not. But better nonetheless. Dom Capers is out as D coordinator. Don't expect the same trash defenses like years past. Rodgers already has a healthy W/L record in his favor. Discounting that he was injured this past year, I'm sure you'd love to compare against Hundley led teams cause he sucks, Rodgers has gone 11-3-0 against Minnesota since 2010. Minnesota's three victories were by a combined 13 points (37-34, 20-13, 17-14).
Dom Capers being gone doesn't solve the talent gap on defense.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
5 of those 11 wins also came against some really trash Vikings teams in the lean Frazier years. Those 3 Vikings teams he beat five times had a combined record of 14-33-1.

Since Zimmer has turned the team around in 2015, when I think the teams have at least been in the same stratosphere in terms of ability, he's 2-2 against the Vikings. Giving him the BOTD and not crediting last year's loss where he got hurt against him.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Dom Capers being gone doesn't solve the talent gap on defense.
The packers have plenty of talent on defense. They just need better structure. Even going from a bottom 10 defense to a middle 10 defense makes a huge difference when you have one of the best offenses in the league. The last time the packers had a top 10 defense they won a Super Bowl.
5 of those 11 wins also came against some really trash Vikings teams in the lean Frazier years. Those 3 Vikings teams he beat five times had a combined record of 14-33-1.

Since Zimmer has turned the team around in 2015, when I think the teams have at least been in the same stratosphere in terms of ability, he's 2-2 against the Vikings. Giving him the BOTD and not crediting last year's loss where he got hurt against him.
I still have a problem with the Vikings offense and the last time Rodgers played against the Vikings in a full game he dropped 38 points on the best unit the Vikings have to offer.

Idk why it would even be benefit of the doubt for last year. He was injured 8* minutes into a 0-0 game.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Idk why it would even be benefit of the doubt for last year. He was injured 7 minutes into a 0-0 game.
I didn't remember the circumstances and how much of the game he actually played, hence the BOTD :D

I still have a problem with the Vikings offense and the last time Rodgers played against the Vikings in a full game he dropped 38 points on the best unit the Vikings have to offer.

Yeah, dude's a HOF QB, there's gonna be times when he's just on his game, and there's not much anyone can do to stop that when it happens. That same year when we played him at home, we held him to 14 points and a very pedestrian 20/36, 213 yards, TD, INT line

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Yeah, dude's a HOF QB, there's gonna be times when he's just on his game, and there's not much anyone can do to stop that when it happens. That same year when we played him at home, we held him to 14 points and a very pedestrian 20/36, 213 yards, TD, INT line
To emphasize how bad those Vikings' offenses were under Ponder, this would have been a career game for him.

Reactions: gphr513
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad