Non-Hockey Sports Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Not a great start for the Loons. We've controlled play and had some good chances, but down 2-0. The goal right before half was a killer.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Jimmy Buckets for what we gave up was plenty worth it. I was shocked - stunned - that arguably the most sought after FA this off season came to...Minnesota?!? :popcorn:

It was just shocking. Now...like every year, I have to seriously refrain myself from any sort of optimism regarding the Wolves...every year it's "this is the year we break out" rah-rah that I am done with.

By the way I think Lavine was kind of overrated by most people. Just my opinion.

Anyway, how 'bout them Twins? Amazing to go into Cleveland and sweep them after they came here and did the same. Amazing to have a pro sports team to get behind for a change.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Okay, I have to ask. Do you guys see any potential in Lauri Markkanen?

Can't find any neutral info in Finnish media, just a constant hypefest about how Markkanen is the next LeBron Jordan.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Okay, I have to ask. Do you guys see any potential in Lauri Markkanen?

Can't find any neutral info in Finnish media, just a constant hypefest about how Markkanen is the next LeBron Jordan.

Markkanen can shoot like a madman. I honestly see him being an integral part in CHI.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
He's definitely a good player, but he never dominated at the college level. Still a ton of potential though, and I think he'll be a real solid player.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Seems like a pretty bad return for Rubio, but it's got to be to open up cap space for someone like Lowry.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota

Boy would that not be great. Rubio is better than Teague.

Only way that makes sense would be if Teague will be cheap (unlikely he would be cheaper than what Rubio was getting) and we would be putting money into someone like Millsap.

I'm nervous, only way this can turn out well is getting Lowry but when have the Timberwolves gotten someone like that in FA.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Sounding more and more like we traded Rubio in order to sign an older Jeff Teague for more money, with slightly better outside shooting, slightly better scoring at the rim, and worse defense.

Teague will be better than Rubio in a half court offense because he is a threat to score when he drives and is better at shooting but they are essentially in the same tier as players and we are going with the older and more expensive one.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Sounding more and more like we traded Rubio in order to sign an older Jeff Teague for more money, with slightly better outside shooting, slightly better scoring at the rim, and worse defense.

Teague will be better than Rubio in a half court offense because he is a threat to score when he drives and is better at shooting but they are essentially in the same tier as players and we are going with the older and more expensive one.

Yep. Teague is probably a slightly better fit for the team, but not at what he's going to cost. If we're going to get a PG that costs more than Rubio lets get a clear upgrade.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Its all going to depend on what Teague signs for.

The closer it is to Rubio's $14m the better, if it nears $20m it will be bad.

We can essentially look at it as a trade Rubio for Teague + 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad