Non-Hockey Sports Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Kind of a letdown that the Loons couldn't get a result against RSL last night. I didn't get to watch too much of the game, but that should have been an opportunity for a road point, or even 3.

They got dominated, Shuttleworth was the only reason the game was close and then they allowed 1 goal when the entire defense stopped playing after a Shuttleworth save and rebound.

Worrying that they looked so poor, it was similar to our 1st couple games except Shuttleworth was making saves.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
They got dominated, Shuttleworth was the only reason the game was close and then they allowed 1 goal when the entire defense stopped playing after a Shuttleworth save and rebound.

Worrying that they looked so poor, it was similar to our 1st couple games except Shuttleworth was making saves.

That's disheartening. Hoping they don't regress now.

I saw that Nicholson kid from Hearts in Scotland is going to sign. We need attacking depth badly, so that was nice to hear.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Thinking the Twins should go big on Chris Archer and Sonny Gray and then add Pat Neshek and Brad Hand. Trade Nick Gordon+Kohl Stewart+B prospect for Chris Archer and then deal Fernando Romero+Daniel Palka for Sonny Gray. Throw Jake Reed to PHI for Neshek and then a C prospect or future considerations for Brad Hand. You've totally redone your staff and you can win now and in the future as Archer and Gray are controllable for the next at least 3 seasons each.

Archer
Santana
Berrios
Gray
Santiago/Mejia

Twins can eat the loss of Gordon as Escobar can bridge to Polanco and he can bridge to Lewis. Blankenhorn will take over for Dozier at 2B. Stewart's loss is covered by Gonsalves and Jorge. Jake Reed is only a future RH reliever and Twins system is flush with them.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Very nice win for the Loons last night. It was a crazy game: 2 own goals, 2 red cards, a penalty. We held on for dear life at the end there, lol. Great 3 points, though!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Wolves just trade #7 + Dunn + Lavine for Jimmy Butler + #16.

Seems like a lot, but worth it IMO.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Congrats to Timberwolves selecting Lauri Markkanen 7th overall in NBA draft.
Lauri is exceptional talent in Finnish basketball Finland hasn't never had NBA player like Markkanen.

Even former Finnish NBA player Hanno Mottola who coached Lauri Markkanen in HBA ( Helsinki Basketball Academy) high-school team.
In Finland's men's 1st division two yrs ( 2014-2016) before Lauri moved to Arizona wasn't as a prospect even close that talent level what Lauri Markkanen is today.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Congrats to Timberwolves selecting Lauri Markkanen 7th overall in NBA draft.
Lauri is exceptional talent in Finnish basketball Finland never had NBA player like Markkanen.

Even former Finnish NBA player Hanno Mottola who coached Lauri Markkanen in HBA ( Helsinki Basketball Academy) high-school team.
In Finland's men's 1st division two yrs ( 2014-2016) before Lauri moved to Arizona wasn't as a prospect even close that talent level what Lauri Markkanen is today.

Sorry to tell you, but he has been traded to Chicago already.

I'm a big college basketball fan, and I loved watching him in college. Should be a very good player.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Sorry to tell you, but he has been traded to Chicago already.

I'm a big college basketball fan, and I loved watching him in college. Should be a very good player.

Now i'm confused.
How is possible Timberloves selects a player ( Markkanen) who even won't play in that team?.
And which team owned that 7th selection was it Timberwolves or Bulls?

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Now i'm confused.
How is possible Timberloves selects a player ( Markkanen) who even won't play in that team?.

And which team owned that 7th selection was Timberwolves or Bulls?

The timberwolves first owned the 7th pick but then they traded it to the Bulls :).

Edit: It should be noted that the league still has to approve the proposed trade for Butler (which it will be approved), that's why Minnesota still made the pick at 7.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Now i'm confused.
And which team owned that 7th selection was it Timberwolves or Bulls?

Trades aren't officially approved until later. Wolves made the pick, but for all intents and purposes, Chicago made it.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
All picks need to be made before the trade goes to the league for finalization. Thus we have to wait until 16 is picked and then it can be finalized.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
tumblr_o38e5pVdvt1s3gys4o2_r1_400.gif

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Trades aren't officially approved until later. Wolves made the pick, but for all intents and purposes, Chicago made it.

OK thanks for that.
This was first time when i watch NBA draft so my confusion was based on those trade rules.

I didn't know NBA is draft is different than NHL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce