Non-Hockey Sports Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Bring in Bradford in crutches! Or Slotter!
In all seriousness, there was a report Bradford was seen around today for the first time in a while, possibly signaling that he's healthier? The article went on to say he's eligible to come off of IR in the postseason. That would be interesting.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I wish Teddy would have looked a little better.

Didn't expect much after being away so long but he seemed to get happy feet on the interception and did nothing that helped make the decision next year easier.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I wish Teddy would have looked a little better.

Didn't expect much after being away so long but he seemed to get happy feet on the interception and did nothing that helped make the decision next year easier.

/sarcasm?

Dude got to throw 2 times, one hit the receiver in the hands and went for an INT, the other hit the receiver right in the hands in the center of his body and he dropped it. People were saying last week you can't blame Keenum for the INT that went off of Diggs last week even if the throw was high.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
/sarcasm?

Dude got to throw 2 times, one hit the receiver in the hands and went for an INT, the other hit the receiver right in the hands in the center of his body and he dropped it. People were saying last week you can't blame Keenum for the INT that went off of Diggs last week even if the throw was high.

People last week are dumb, Keenum absolutely played a role in the tipped ball for an INT. Casual fans will say if it hits your hands you gotta catch it but you can't miss that type of throw so badly that it requires your WR to jump like hes at the combine doing a max vert jump right in front of a defender.

Teddy similarly plays a role by being late on the pass although not as bad as Keenum last week.

Just saying if that's all we see of Teddy this year and have to make a decision based on it nothing that happened made the decision easier.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
This Steelers patriots game was great.
Crazy ending. I think it was probably a good call that they ruled it incomplete for consistency's sake. Then Ben should have thrown it away to kick the field goal. Just a wild game. There are only three decent teams in the AFC, the rest are mostly mediocre. Jacksonville being the third.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Crazy ending. I think it was probably a good call that they ruled it incomplete for consistency's sake. Then Ben should have thrown it away to kick the field goal. Just a wild game. There are only three decent teams in the AFC, the rest are mostly mediocre. Jacksonville being the third.
With all the controversy surrounding the catch rule people need to realize that the same rule is also preventing what are currently "drops" from turning into fumbles.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
What a terrible way to lose the game for the Raiders.

Feel like that fumble through the endzone rule has happened more this year than it has in the past decade.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
What a terrible way to lose the game for the Raiders.

Feel like that fumble through the endzone rule has happened more this year than it has in the past decade.
Another crazy finish, but another correct call. It is weird how many times that has happened this year.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Aaron Rodgers back on IR. Probably smart. Also good for the Vikes battling for the bye still.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Loons home opener announced, against Chicago on St. Patrick's Day.

That should be a very fun day!

I'll be in Dublin otherwise I'd be there

They called season ticket holders today and asked if we wanted to partake in a photograph on Allianz Stadium grounds spelling out something... Like one of those pictures when you're a freshmen in college and you spell out your grad year or some shiz and I said, no and the dude seemed pissed. Rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'll be in Dublin otherwise I'd be there

They called season ticket holders today and asked if we wanted to partake in a photograph on Allianz Stadium grounds spelling out something... Like one of those pictures when you're a freshmen in college and you spell out your grad year or some shiz and I said, no and the dude seemed pissed. Rubbed me the wrong way.
Huh, I didn't get a call, they might be taking a few days to get through everybody. I'd probably pass on that too, haha.

Unless it was IN the stadium, like to get a sneak peak at the inside, in that case I'd do it just to see the stadium early!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Cold weather football games are bad. Injuries and not very fun to watch.

I like cold weather games, they show the flaws in teams.

I don't like dome games. The Rams "greatest show on turf" teams are games I didn't enjoy watching.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
MN should be stomping GB's preseason lineup. Cold or not, I'm not even sure who a lot of these players are playing today for GB.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
MN should be stomping GB's preseason lineup. Cold or not, I'm not even sure who a lot of these players are playing today for GB.
It's pretty damn cold though. Can't imagine trying to catch that ball with frozen hands. And lots of guys are losing their footing on the turf. Should it be more one-sided? It could. But my hope is just to get out of this game environment with a win and no major injuries.

TV crew doing everything possible to jinx the shuto......the "you know what."

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Meh, not a lot of offenses are going to put up many points in sub-zero wind chills and garbage field conditions.

I dunno, the upper tier QBs can adjust their throws/timing to deal with bad conditions. Brady, Manning (Eli when he was younger, Payton wasn't good outside), Rothensburger, and Rodgers have all done very well in the cold (for current QBs). That is a lot of rings in those combined QBs, and every one of them is a HoF lock.

Even 2nd tier guys like Wilson and Dalton play well outside in bad conditions. Kapernick had the game of his life (used his legs a lot) in a Playoff game in similar conditions a couple of years ago.

Neither Keenum (could end up being a Dilfer type of SB winning QB) nor Hundley (not a good QB at all) could make those deep throws that would have broken the game open today.

I don't mind the Packers getting shutout today; they left at least a FG (maybe 2) off the board trying to go for a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad