Pre-Game Talk: Nominations For Your 2022-23 Boardie Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I like a lot of you guys. Actually, there is no one I just dislike and disregard(maybe there should be, but there isn't).

I enjoy the mix of humor & knowledge that many of you bring to the table.

I appreciate the different perspective guys like @bernmeister bring - a lot of his ideas are outside of the box but if you look at the core of what he's saying, there is some wisdom behind his ideas. Plus, it's nice to have someone who is not just echoing everything everyone else says.

I enjoy the chaos, humor and unpredictability of @EdJovanovski

I like the sober and informed posts of @Machinehead and @nyr2k2

I miss reading what @Edge had to say. Whether he was truly in the know or not, it was still fun.

I like the hard edge that @Kords @Kocur26 bring to the table

@will1066 @McRanger92 @LokiDog @TheDirtyH @Leonardo87 @bobbop @mike14 @Boris Zubov @duhmetreE - I love being able to go into any thread and see your comments and thoughts, you guys are very consistent! Not to mention informed and thoughtful.

I am a big fan of @SnowblindNYR and his ability to remind us that our world class goaltender couldn't stop a beachball in a mini-net(however irrational it may be in the moment).

I love @Tob and will enjoy him, until the day comes that he lays his final joke on us, which is to actually delete his account.

Lots lots more - forgetting so many people. If I didn't mention you it doesn't mean I dont see you and love your posts! I probably do. I couldn't possibly nominate any one person. Just want to share my appreciation for this board because I think we bring a special mix of many different hockey loving weirdos.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Thanks, man. That's kind of you. I think really it's just that I post less than I used to. I don't do GDTs hardly at all, and most of the other threads I give my opinion and then exit stage left. Basically I try to stick to the prospect-related stuff and the OT threads, LOL.

It has also gotten harder for me as over the years as my life has evolved, I can't/don't watch the league like I used to. I watch us and that's it. When I was a younger guy I watched several games each night. So I don't know all the players and teams like I used to which makes it hard to participate in some threads where everyone else has a scorching take about some #5D that they want to target who plays for San Jose or whatever. :laugh:
I know the getting old part. I sont even watch fames live anymore except playoffs. Everything is dvr because i need to help with the kids and stuff. Forget about other teams and stuff i barely have time to do what i need now.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Thanks to all so far who have nominated me. This place makes my workdays and weekends (when applicable) more tolerable. But I am fully prepared to be the Susan Lucci of HFNYR -- always the bridesmaid, never the bride lol. @EdJovanovski wondering who the f*** is Susan Lucci right now. Google it, @EdJovanovski, you troublesome upstart lol.

Shout outs to @Cmox @CasusBelli and @Unpredictable1. Adopting an exasperated Lindy Ruff with his eyes closed as your avatar gets me every time.

I'll add more as I can remember. No one left behind.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Thanks to all so far who have nominated me. This place makes my workdays and weekends (when applicable) more tolerable. But I am fully prepared to be the Susan Lucci of HFNYR -- always the bridesmaid, never the bride lol. @EdJovanovski wondering who the f*** is Susan Lucci right now. Google it, @EdJovanovski, you troublesome upstart lol.

Shout outs to @Cmox @CasusBelli and @Unpredictable1. Adopting an exasperated Lindy Ruff with his eyes closed as your avatar gets me every time.

I'll add more as I can remember. No one left behind.

you-complete-me-jerrymaguire.gif

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
-Funniest Poster
too many, just far to many. Almost all of you.

-Nicest Poster
@EdJovanovski - always a good sport.
@will1066 - even to Emily.
@Leonardo87
also too many others

-Most knowledgeable
Idk, I forfeit this. I'm not knowledgeable enough to access properly, if others are. I look at it as information and takes. We have few posters with good info, and whole bunch of takes alright.

-Angriest poster
@BobMarleyNYR - idk man, it's just subjective. It feel like he angry. xD
@Raspewtin - again, just subjectively. Like scream typing into the monitor. I find it humorous though.
@Kocur26 - Is @Kocur Dill a side-account?

-Board MVP
@Machinehead - always here to help and basically HoF for the lost bet.
@Leonardo87 - keeps things running, provides lulz and mellowness
@bernmeister - just a legend. Ever checked out his homepages? Not sure about disclosure. xD
HM: @Loff

I will never forgive the little shits who chased Edge away.

Yeah, I'd like a special report on that too ... :(

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Essentially, there were several members here who kept arguing with Edge, calling him a liar when he was sharing credible information from people within the Rangers organisation. Edge got fed up, and walked away from HF.

Last year, I had a similar experience and it annoyed me to the point where I just took a break for 3-4 months. It was refreshing and made me feel better to see people being happy that I returned after a few months. But I don't blame Edge at all for walking away after the shit he had to deal with.

New posters can be categorised in 2 groups:

- Good ones who don't last because they get bullied
- The shitheads who don't add anything other than toxicity

HFNYR isn't what it used to be.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Essentially, there were several members here who kept arguing with Edge, calling him a liar when he was sharing credible information from people within the Rangers organisation. Edge got fed up, and walked away from HF.

Last year, I had a similar experience and it annoyed me to the point where I just took a break for 3-4 months. It was refreshing and made me feel better to see people being happy that I returned after a few months. But I don't blame Edge at all for walking away after the shit he had to deal with.

New posters can be categorised in 2 groups:

- Good ones who don't last because they get bullied
- The shitheads who don't add anything other than toxicity

HFNYR isn't what it used to be.
It's what you make of it. There are plenty of great people posting on here.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Last edited:

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
-Funniest Poster

-Nicest Poster
@Leonardo87
also too many others

-Most knowledgeable
Idk, I forfeit this. I'm not knowledgeable enough to access properly, if others are. I look at it as information and takes. We have few posters with good info, and whole bunch of takes alright.

-Angriest poster
@Raspewtin - again, just subjectively. Like scream typing into the monitor. I find it humorous though.

-Board MVP
@bernmeister - just a legend. Ever checked out his homepages? Not sure about disclosure. xD

Yes, but the world needs its angry cripples, now doesn't it? You f***in' losers lemme know...

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
-Funniest Poster

-Nicest Poster
@Leonardo87
also too many others

-Most knowledgeable

-Angriest poster

-Board MVP

Appreciate the mention and nomination.
My websites, www.berntunes.com for my music and my principal website, www.bernmeister.com are open for full access, only restriction is no copyright violation or other misuse of IP.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Funniest Poster: @Kocur26 @Tob @EdJovanovski @will1066
@Bob Richards
@Ail

-Nicest Poster: @Leonardo87 @EdJovanovski guy gets so much shit but is always cordial and friendly idk how he does it

Tbh there are too many people to list here you guys are cool.

-Most Knowledgeable: @Machinehead @Raspewtin @HatTrick Swayze @TheDirtyH feel like I am missing a few

-Angriest Poster: @GoAwayPanarin, under the radar but I think he’s passed Snowblind

-Best New/Young Poster: I don’t think there is anyone really new is there?

-Board MVP: @RangerBoy @EdJovanovski @Kocur26

Award for poster who uses lingo no one except @nyr2k2 has ever heard of before @huerter

A few late additions

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Funniest Poster: @Kocur26 @Tob @EdJovanovski @will1066

-Nicest Poster: @Leonardo87 @EdJovanovski guy gets so much shit but is always cordial and friendly idk how he does it

-Most Knowledgeable: @Machinehead @Raspewtin @HatTrick Swayze @TheDirtyH feel like I am missing a few

-Angriest Poster: @GoAwayPanarin, under the radar but I think he’s passed Snowblind

-Best New/Young Poster: I don’t think there is anyone really new is there?

-Board MVP: @RangerBoy @EdJovanovski @Kocur26

@Machinehead put him on the list.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad