Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
They should have shields like those of a motor bike, if they can find a way to prevent them from fogging up. Would look better than a cage, provide more visibility.

761d5524-8708-47e2-9b0b-7ab6933319f7_1.03dfe127a42781aae7f70f259b398b7f.jpeg
LMAO “Here, wear this. We figured out how to keep it from fogging up while you asphyxiate.”

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I think we sometimes lose perspective. I don't understand outrage that as fans- we are owed medical information on private citizens - who by the way have the same right to privacy that you and I enjoy.

When a player is out - he's out. Why does it matter to know the detail? How is that helpful? We know he is out indefinitely, he's not practicing not close to coming back. When the situation changes, I am sure the team will update the media/fans.

Unless you see the situation as an opening to complain about team, management, drafting, etc...
In hockey, the players are the product. If you showcase them on the ice and market them in the media, you can't suddenly pretend they don't exist the moment they get hurt. Injury information isn't gossip; it's directly connected to the game. The team wants us to watch players play, therefore we also want to know the reason if they're not playing. I see no invasion of privacy -- Juulsen's hockey health is as relevant as his Corsi numbers.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They should have shields like those of a motor bike, if they can find a way to prevent them from fogging up. Would look better than a cage, provide more visibility.

761d5524-8708-47e2-9b0b-7ab6933319f7_1.03dfe127a42781aae7f70f259b398b7f.jpeg
That is one ugly Helmet for sledding :laugh:

I’ve done lots of snowmobiling, we normally have a piece to breathe through so it don’t fog up, but this would t work in hockey.

But some helmets have an electric heater for the visor that keeps the visor clear, so probably a built in rechargeable battery would do the trick.

But really guys, this will never happen, at least not in our lifetime lol

Reactions: Runner77

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
In hockey, the players are the product. If you showcase them on the ice and market them in the media, you can't suddenly pretend they don't exist the moment they get hurt. Injury information isn't gossip; it's directly connected to the game. The team wants us to watch players play, therefore we also want to know the reason if they're not playing. I see no invasion of privacy -- Juulsen's hockey health is as relevant as his Corsi numbers.

Relevant to the fans or not, a player has to consent to have his medical info shared, they have the same rights as anyone.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That is one ugly Helmet for sledding :laugh:

I’ve done lots of snowmobiling, we normally have a piece to breathe through so it don’t fog up, but this would t work in hockey.

But some helmets have an electric heater for the visor that keeps the visor clear, so probably a built in rechargeable battery would do the trick.

But really guys, this will never happen, at least not in our lifetime lol

The only advantage the longer glass shield would have is that you could still see the player's face and avoid a cage, which is not aesthetically pleasing. But yeah, it's a pipe dream, it would take technology we don't have to make it happen.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Relevant to the fans or not, a player has to consent to have his medical info shared, they have the same rights as anyone.

Sadly, someone can probably make them available via Wikileaks. :sarcasm:

But yeah, I agree that medical records are personal and can only be divulged with the subject's consent.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The only advantage the longer glass shield would have is that you could still see the player's face and avoid a cage, which is not aesthetically pleasing. But yeah, it's a pipe dream, it would take technology we don't have to make it happen.
Maybe rubberize the top of hockey sticks, like a thin layer atop the blade and 12inches up from the curve so the damage to the face is not as gory, a little cushion for the.....chin and chicklets :DD......?? :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe rubberize the top of hockey sticks, like a thin layer atop the blade and 12inches up from the curve so the damage to the face is not as gory, a little cushion for the.....chin and chickles :DD......?? :dunno:

I think they do have to do something and can get creative in terms of safety measures they can implement. Then you also have the players's union and a lot of times they're not too keen on measures meant to protect their health and limit injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala and jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I think they do have to do something and can get creative in terms of safety measures they can implement. Then you also have the player's union and a lot of times they're not too keen on measures meant to protect their health and limit injury.
You can also implement a fine system that every high stick penalty is reviewed by a committee and if it’s deemed careless (as in your stick was not knocked up by another stick that caused your stick to strike someone above the neckline) you should be fined.....let’s say 5,000$. The second time is 10,000$, third time 20,000$, fourth is 40,000$, fifth time is 50,000$ plus a game.

6 to 8 is 50,000$ each and on the 8th it’s a 2 game suspension. Then 9-10 it’s 50g’s again plus a suspension.

It’s an excellent deterrent!!!

Between the visors and helmets and rubberizing the top of the sticks and a new penalty system, high sticking and injuries would be as rare as a total solar eclipse.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You can also implement a fine system that every high stick penalty is reviewed by a committee and if it’s deemed careless (as in your stick was not knocked up by another stick that caused your stick to strike someone above the neckline) you should be fined.....let’s say 5,000$. The second time is 10,000$, third time 20,000$, fourth is 40,000$, fifth time is 50,000$ plus a game.

6 to 8 is 50,000$ each and on the 8th it’s a 2 game suspension. Then 9-10 it’s 50g’s again plus a suspension.

It’s an excellent deterrent!!!

Between the visors and helmets and rubberizing the top of the sticks and a new penalty system, high sticking and injuries would be as rare as a total solar eclipse.

Whatever it takes. I just want to see Juulsen back so we don't have that worse case scenario cloud hovering over our heads, as we do now. We need him to clear that hurdle for his personal sake first and foremost and then with the added benefit that he can resume his career.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Maybe rubberize the top of hockey sticks, like a thin layer atop the blade and 12inches up from the curve so the damage to the face is not as gory, a little cushion for the.....chin and chicklets :DD......?? :dunno:

Yeah and go with those rubber pucks we used to use in street hockey when the snow plows gave us a decent surface. :laugh:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The ones we used to shoot with plastic blades that we'd customize over a stove top. Good times.
I hated those....my dad was too cheap to purchase a new hockey stick so he’d grab broken hockey sticks from arenas you’d always find in the garbage and screw in them plastic blades......of course I was the only kid on my block with that cheap ass setup :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hated those....my dad was too cheap to purchase a new hockey stick so he’d grab broken hockey sticks from arenas you’d always find in the garbage and screw in them plastic blades......of course I was the only kid on my block with that cheap ass setup :laugh:
Standard issue at my house with six boys all playing hockey.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Yup couldn't afford to grind down wooden sticks back then it must be worse now...
Oh wait they don't really play outside anymore.
I remember those days! I also remember when plastic insert blades came out. We would sweep the tennis courts down before playing so our modified mylec pucks would work better and not worrying about skating backwards on rollerblades.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I used to fix my wooden sticks by screwing and bolting the pieces back. The screws stuck out so much that they acted like jagged edges and caused me to injure myself. I used to be so into the game, that my legs would be bleeding on account of my unprofessionally reassembled stick and I would only notice when the game was over.

Reactions: cphabs and Rapala

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I used to fix my wooden sticks by screwing and bolting the pieces back. The screws stuck out so much that they acted like jagged edges and caused me to injure myself. I used to be so into the game, that my legs would be bleeding on account of my unprofessionally reassembled stick and I would only notice when the game was over.
One of my all time favorite memories was the stick pile. We would all throw our sticks into one pile and have someone “new” throw them left and right to make teams. Even the goalie sticks.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Sorry if this is the wrong thread. But has
anyone heard anything new about Juulsen
in the last couple weeks. I had assumed a
cracked orbital bone. And it couldn"t have
been much of a fracture because he played
after that. Even if they were resting him
because of a problem with swelling, you"d
think he would be skating by now.
Assuming Laval misses the play-offs, by
the time he"s in game shape, he'll have
nowhere to play.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sorry if this is the wrong thread. But has
anyone heard anything new about Juulsen
in the last couple weeks. I had assumed a
cracked orbital bone. And it couldn"t have
been much of a fracture because he played
after that. Even if they were resting him
because of a problem with swelling, you"d
think he would be skating by now.
Assuming Laval misses the play-offs, by
the time he"s in game shape, he'll have
nowhere to play.

The Laval play by play guy said he expects the Habs to announce that Juulsen is out for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad