Friedman: Noah Hanifin could be traded this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Man, can we update the OP with Friedman's(?) earlier report that a move for Duchene to Carolina didn't happen at the TDL because of his lack of remaining term? Unless he signed a special extension we're unaware of, I doubt GMRF's position has changed, particularly if we're talking a cost controlled 20 yo asset like Hanifin.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Impact *offensive* forward. I guess technically spooner fits that bill better but I figured krejci was a better player for Carolina. He scored 54 points this year. I don't know who else fits the bill from Boston as fair compensation for hanifin. Vatrano isn't a bad add in either

Pastrnak or Marchand, and there's absolutely no way the Bruins trade either of them.

But yeah, Krejci doesn't fit our needs long term.

The only real thing that's been talked about lately that even makes a bit of sense is a Hanifin for Reinhart swap.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
In a bubble, I'd offer Pastrnak.

But in real life, Bruins need Pastrnak just as much as they'd need Hanafin.

Too bad we didn't have a Seguin to trade still...

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Why would the Canes do this? The kids played 2 whole seasons and has all the potential in the world.

Slavin and Pesce are just that good, never mind Faulk.

Hanifin was super with Faulk after Hainsey was traded, but it makes total sense that Carolina would consider trading him for an equivalent forward.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Impact *offensive* forward. I guess technically spooner fits that bill better but I figured krejci was a better player for Carolina. He scored 54 points this year. I don't know who else fits the bill from Boston as fair compensation for hanifin. Vatrano isn't a bad add in either

Don't want two nickels for a quarter. Krejci has a NMC so he's not going to Carolina anyhow, but even if he waived it, he's > 30 years old isn't want Carolina is looking for. Vatrano is nothing that pretty much every team has already more than one of, he's not much of an add.

And Spooner? Canes aren't trading Hanifin for a soft, 1 dimenstional 40 point player. Canes need guys that can put the puck in the net, and that's not Spooner.

It was the definition of "weak sauce".

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site

It's going to pretty much be a one for one deal with maybe a pick/prospect to round it out.

Thinking it would take someone like Drouin from TB, Duchene/Landeskog from Colorado. Reinhart from Buffalo makes sense too.

Hannifin is from the 2015 draft. So, they won't be going after players drafted much earlier than Hannifin.
Even Duchene from 2009 is pushing it. Term on his deal is the tricky part as they can't extend him right now to ensure that he will be there long term.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Why would the Canes trade for Duchene? He's older by 6 years and makes $6 million, yet not exactly playing like a $6 million dollar man.

If they're gonna part with Hanifin for a forward, it's going to be another young player with a similar status, some mentioned Sam Rienhart, I could see something being worked out there.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I would think this would be a good match with Winnipeg as we do have an abundance of scoring forwards. I could see Wheeler, Perreault, Lowry, Armia, Dano, Copp, Petan being available. I think Ehlers would not be available, but hard to say for sure.
Edit: possibly Connor or Roslovic

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Reinhart for Hanifin

Although I'd rather we fire our coach and finally play reinhart at C where he would actually thrive.
Then I'd rather trade Kane + 2017 1st (6th overall) + whatever....but if I recall correctly don't they need top 6 centerman? Or is it just high impact forwards in general? If it's centerman then it has to involve reinhart

That's a fair deal, IMO.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I would think this would be a good match with Winnipeg. I could see some combination of Wheeler, Perreault, Lowry, Armia, Dano, Copp, Petan being available. I think Ehlers would not be available, but hard to say for sure.

Unless Ehlers is going back the other way, the Canes probably won't listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad