GDT: NO MERCY (October 9, 2016) presented by SMACKDOWN -- Title vs. Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Miz has been the best thing to happen to that title in over a decade. That guy deserves a ton of credit.

I bet they'll give Dolph a long emotional moment after the match tonight, win or lose. Either "you deserve it" or "thank you Ziggler" chants are going to fill the arena. This could be a very special night.
I'm hoping it's "nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah..."

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm guessing part of the reasoning is to get the match in before the debate starts and everyone tunes out.

Still the world title curtain jerking the show is a mess. Further devalues the big belt (something that started back at Summerslam)

This is a rough card without Becky.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'm guessing part of the reasoning is to get the match in before the debate starts and everyone tunes out.

Still the world title curtain jerking the show is a mess. Further devalues the big belt (something that started back at Summerslam)

This is a rough card without Becky.

Exactly my thinking as well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If it's a great match, it won't devalue the belt. And quite frankly there is more intregue in Miz/Ziggler. It'll be interesting to see how it goes that's for sure

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The IC main eventing makes me thinking there could be a huge swerve.

Maybe even a debut

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think it is literally just the debate mixing up the card.

Wouldn't even be the first company trying to get ahead of the debate. HBO released episode 2 of Westworld early because of the debate.

Doubt there will be any major swerve in Dolph/Miz. They simply think the opening of the show will have the most eyeballs and the ending the least.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think it is literally just the debate mixing up the card.

Wouldn't even be the first company trying to get ahead of the debate. HBO released episode 2 of Westworld early because of the debate.

Doubt there will be any major swerve in Dolph/Miz

Im inclined to agree with this.

At the same time, if there was ever a non-World Title program that deserved a main event spotlight, its this one. Much like a few years ago how we were begging for Dean vs Seth in HiaC to go on last over whoever Cena was fighting.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Zack Ryder has held the WWE Championship for 14 months in my WWE Universe

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ten bucks says we get a surprise Goldberg appearance tonight.

Moving that title match to curtain jerking status makes zero sense. There has to be something to this.

Curt Hawkins vs ??? makes too much sense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like there's a whole lot more interest now

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
They can't use the debate excuse either since this can be viewed at literally any time by a network sub.

Something stinks here, or they actually think Ziggler/Miz is that damn important.

Or they pull the same stupid **** last time they had a No Mercy PPV. Triple Threat happens, someone whines for a rematch one v one, that goes in the main event slot.

Cena wins the first match to set up breaking Flair's record later, then drops it back to AJ later in the night.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Becky Lynch hasn't been cleared to compete tonight.

They can't use the debate excuse either since this can be viewed at literally any time by a network sub.

Something stinks here, or they actually think Ziggler/Miz is that damn important.

Or they pull the same stupid **** last time they had a No Mercy PPV. Triple Threat happens, someone whines for a rematch one v one, that goes in the main event slot.

Cena wins the first match to set up breaking Flair's record later, then drops it back to AJ later in the night.

I think it's a mix of the debate and Miz/Ziggler being really important with title vs. career implications. I can't remember the last mid-card program with such huge implications like this.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I meant Becky Lynch. No idea why I typed Alexa lol

She's not injured, but she has a health issue that isn't allowing her to take bumps.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'll tune in for sure tonight. I think SD is the better show anyway. Raw PPV in December is coming to Pittsburgh 1 week from Christmas and I'm purposely not going to it because there is no need.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I think my idea of hell would be being locked in a room with a continuous loop of Total Bellas on TV.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cena's got some weird ass tendencies in life. We are all a bit weird in our own way, but hes damn unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad