Post-Game Talk: No Cup for Winnipeg this Year | 4-1 Leafs Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle089

May 21, 2018
Great win for the fellas tonight!

Samsonov was very solid...when he stayed in the net lol. He seems very calm though in net, doesn't get rattled with bodies in front of him.

I Loved the energy that Simmonds brought tonight, he didn't seem slow at all to me. If they can find a way to keep him with the big club for the season, I think it would be a huge benefit to keep him as the 13th forward that can slot in on the 4th line when necessary.

Sandin was my favourite guy on the backend tonight. He seems to know when to pinch and jump up in the play and enjoys bringing some physical edge to the game. He also seems to be more effective on the PP compared to Rielly.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Satisfying win in the Winnipeg barn tonight. The boys all played a couple inches taller with Simmonds and Clifford in the lineup. Samsonov is a keeper!

A goal keeper?

3dxZ.gif

GlassesManbad

Oct 14, 2022
So 4-2, great goaltending, good team D, so lack of shots agianst and Matthews and Marner haven't stopped scoring...
This team will again be top 5. Except this year they have the Atlantic.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nice respect earning game from the Leafs. Jets did their usual antics, but team pushed back. Great to see Rielly and Brodie respond after the hit on Robertson.
Overall good performance. PP came up big when needed, and top players played well. 4th line made a difference too. Samsanov steady

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Matthews is clearly battling right now, but he found a way to have a huge impact tonight.
Yup... and if he does that he turns into a captain.

Maybe he gets 35 or 40 goals one season but they win the cup... does anyone care about the goals....

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
I don’t see why NAK and ZAR can’t have the same success that Simmer and Cliffy did tonight. Neither of them even fought, just good hard nosed hockey. Kampf is up to the task, just need our two acquisitions to get ‘er going. Hopefully being scratched wakes NAK up.

I like seeing competition for spots. As long as they bring the energy and not the stupid, they deserve to get some time.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Wow, do you just stay awake at night finding things to worry about?
First of all, if Samsonov is so good this year that we have to figure out how to fit him in next year then he has had a great year and that is a good thing.

Secondly, if he is good we will fit him in. We will "disappear" the Muzzin contract, maybe the Murray one if we have to.

These guys know how to manage the cap. Enjoy Samsonov

I'm more worried about Sam having a bad year, if I'm honest.

Reactions: conFABulator

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Nice respect earning game from the Leafs. Jets did their usual antics, but team pushed back. Great to see Rielly and Brodie respond after the hit on Robertson.
Overall good performance. PP came up big when needed, and top players played well. 4th line made a difference too. Samsanov steady
Made me think we have a team here still. Not that things were terrible but one last shot with these guys probably. There will be changes if they fail again.

Sounds hilarious because they're still pretty young but we've had numerous chances as we all know and there's only so long until there's a certain turnover.

Well see. Early season. Loved the fight tonight.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Simmonds and Clifford real gud pros tonight.

Still do not like ZAR, does he do more than this or am I expecting too much?

Love the second line, even more with Nicky Bobby on it! JT sniper elite, could have had 3. Cannot believe we are comparing Malgin with Robertson... that is shameful.

First line was okay, getting chances.. they might want to practice actually hitting the net.

D was good enough. Though we gave up a lot of good chances, Sammy was stellar.

LOVE beating our Canadian rivals! Let's Go Leafs 😆

Reactions: Nhlpowerweek

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
You sort of have to credit Rielly for that win. Sticking up for Robertson with no hesitation lifted the team up. I even liked when Simmonds jabbed at Scheifele. I know he got a penalty, but he rattled Scheifele.

Good win.

More comments later
And there you have it too. Just the plain talk of simmonds made us better and brought us together like nixon did the people back in the 70'.bring us together. Simmonds talk makes other players greater. He has greatness in his grasp .

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Great win for the fellas tonight!

Samsonov was very solid...when he stayed in the net lol. He seems very calm though in net, doesn't get rattled with bodies in front of him.

I Loved the energy that Simmonds brought tonight, he didn't seem slow at all to me. If they can find a way to keep him with the big club for the season, I think it would be a huge benefit to keep him as the 13th forward that can slot in on the 4th line when necessary.

Sandin was my favourite guy on the backend tonight. He seems to know when to pinch and jump up in the play and enjoys bringing some physical edge to the game. He also seems to be more effective on the PP compared to Rielly.
Sandins best game tonight forsure.

Reactions: al secord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad