No All-Stars, no problem

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I thought every team had to be represented.

That's what the NHL said, but I think that they are hoping that somebody will get injured before the game so a spot will open up.

If I had to choose anyone to go, it would be Tats. He has been our hottest, most passionate player, and it will give guys like Pav, Z, and Kronner a rest.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Concerning the time off to heal injuries, does anyone really care if Franzen and Kindl make their way back into the lineup? The backend is way better off with XO, and Franzen's uninspired play and lack of production have me ready to hop on the "get him out of town" bandwagon.

The team certainly hasn't had any drop off with the 2 of them out of the lineup. IMO, I'd say the team looks better.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
That's what the NHL said, but I think that they are hoping that somebody will get injured before the game so a spot will open up.

If I had to choose anyone to go, it would be Tats. He has been our hottest, most passionate player, and it will give guys like Pav, Z, and Kronner a rest.

Tats has been lighting up the scoresheet and if I *had* to send a Red Wings it'd be him. But if I had to pick our best player so far it'd be Dats. He hasn't missed a beat. Takeaways, excellent production, just all around solid and reliable play. Tats is getting more consistent but he does still have some cringey turnover moments.

uvgt2bkdnme

Jul 4, 2009
Los Angeles
Concerning the time off to heal injuries, does anyone really care if Franzen and Kindl make their way back into the lineup? The backend is way better off with XO, and Franzen's uninspired play and lack of production have me ready to hop on the "get him out of town" bandwagon.

The team certainly hasn't had any drop off with the 2 of them out of the lineup. IMO, I'd say the team looks better.

Touché on Kindl, but I'd like to hope Franzen has another stretch in him like the one he had at the beginning of the season. Pretty much the only reason Kindl needs to get healthy is that other teams probably don't want damaged goods in a trade.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Yeah let Tatar go on this, he's young so it wont hurt him to play this game, it's hardly a game that wear players down anyway.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

Nobody will miss Kindl. There's no argument there.

Franzen on the other hand has as many points per game this season as Tatar and Nyquist. I know it's a fun meme to call him uninspired but in the real world I like our team better with Franzen on it.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
5th best team in the league and no all star representative. gotta love the nhl

Good. The All-Star game is stupid. I'd rather have the guys rest up, especially Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Kronwall.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
5th best team in the league and no all star representative. gotta love the nhl

I actually think We have the most exciting and entertaing player in the world now and have had for the last 10+ years.
If i think of NHL's best and who should be there, there is no doubt IMO, it has to be Datsyuk.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
malkin is injured and won't be going to the all star game. wonder if a wings player replaces him

Not sure when players are allowed to scatter. My guess is they go with a guy that was playing tonight from another team. That ship might have sailed with those that have already left town or made other plans for the break.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Zetterberg? I mean he's only leading the team in points and is the friggin captain.:laugh:

Have to think the Red Wings would rather rest him and Datsyuk. They'll likely send Tatar or Nyquist if they need to send a forward or two.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Latest scoop is that Malkin was replaced with Filip Forsberg, which led me to believe that no Wings had a chance of making the team.

However, now Crosby will not be playing either so there is still a chance for someone to go.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Latest scoop is that Malkin was replaced with Filip Forsberg, which led me to believe that no Wings had a chance of making the team.

However, now Crosby will not be playing either so there is still a chance for someone to go.

from the looks of it, all the wings players got out of detroit as quick as possible so they didn't have to go if the nhl asked them to :laugh:

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

Forsberg was going anyways as part of the Young stars game so chances are they had some players either turn down the offer, or they didn't bother asking players who were planning vacations to come when they had available players already there.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
helene st james reported that the nhl asked datyuk and zetterberg about being a replacement but they turned it down. if the wings don't have a representative at the all star game, it will be because the players turned it down

The NHL inquired last week whether Henrik Zetterberg or Pavel Datsyuk were interested and was soundly rebuffed. Gustav Nyquist would have been a natural choice, with his 19 goals and 17 assists and his flair for puck dangling that is perfect for the skills competition that is the All-Star Game. He, however, left Wednesday morning for Mexico.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2015/01/22/detroit-red-wings-nhl/22157799/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We pretty much have 4 forwards in the top 50 for scoring (Tatar is #51).

That is awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad