NLA 2022-2023

Nico13

Nov 29, 2021
Switzerland
Hartikainen to Genève Servette.

Winnik, Tommernes, Vatanen, Filppula, Hartikainen, Omark.

That's pretty impressive. Time to win our first title.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Alexandre Texier to Zurich...wtf

Texier will play in Europe for a season to be closer to his Family. I think I read about family deaths and some substance abuse problems but dont hold me on that. Still surprised its Zürich and not Lausanne or Geneva wich would have been a lot closer to his hometown Grenoble.

Reactions: Valeson81

BlizzardSloth

Mar 27, 2019
Zurich, Switzerland
In welchem Fernsehsender wird das Spiel Sc Bern vs. Predators ausgestrahlt, und glauben Sie, dass es eine Raubkopie geben wird, die wir Amerikaner sehen können?
I think it's gonna be on MySports, the Swiss pay tv hockey channel. But I guess there are networks from NA broadcasting it as well. OnHockey will have a stream for sure.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
It certainly has been noticeable that our younger players see even less time in the NLA this season than before we got hit by this wave of KHL refugees (and Texier). Fahrni is the best example of this, as he was more or less a core player for Bern last season and is now relegated to the fourth line. Even Klaus Zaugg has now realized this and has written an article about it just now. Whats noticeable in this piece as well is that Klaus argues that in Bern the imports are basically running the show, and deciding who is playing and how long. I am not sure if thats actually true but lately similar stories have emerged repeatedly. Most notably Nathan Gerbe claimed in an interview that he and his import buddies were running Servette Geneva after McSorely left. This makes the NLA really look like a beer league and its honestly pathetic how some of the teams seem to operate. Some clubs have several GM's where its not clear who is responsible for what while others have one guy for coaching and strategy. Bern even hired Schelling apparently just for the fact that she is a woman. I mean no offence to her, but there is just no justification for this hire if you look at her previous experience. The league seriously needs to professionalize its approach on how the teams are managed and coached. A good way to start would be to invest some money in coaching formation. And if thats to much to ask then lets hope the teams will finally stop giving out jobs to every leftover coach or ex player from Canada. I mean I could understand it if it were Joe Thornton but apparently a PPG season in the league is already enough for a GM or a coaching gig.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
McSorley fired by Lugano. Lets see who is stupid enough to rehire him. My money is on Svoboda.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Was looking into former Devil Janne Kuokkanen with Fribourg and noticed one of his teammates is goalie Connor Hughes.

I couldn't find out much about Hughes on these boards since his junior days in 2014.

At 6-4 he seems to have the size for a current NHL goaltender and is now 26.

Is there any chance he plays in North America or is his career trajectory that of a strictly Europe goalie?

Valeson81

Aug 11, 2019
Suisse
It certainly has been noticeable that our younger players see even less time in the NLA this season than before we got hit by this wave of KHL refugees (and Texier). Fahrni is the best example of this, as he was more or less a core player for Bern last season and is now relegated to the fourth line. Even Klaus Zaugg has now realized this and has written an article about it just now. Whats noticeable in this piece as well is that Klaus argues that in Bern the imports are basically running the show, and deciding who is playing and how long. I am not sure if thats actually true but lately similar stories have emerged repeatedly. Most notably Nathan Gerbe claimed in an interview that he and his import buddies were running Servette Geneva after McSorely left. This makes the NLA really look like a beer league and its honestly pathetic how some of the teams seem to operate. Some clubs have several GM's where its not clear who is responsible for what while others have one guy for coaching and strategy. Bern even hired Schelling apparently just for the fact that she is a woman. I mean no offence to her, but there is just no justification for this hire if you look at her previous experience. The league seriously needs to professionalize its approach on how the teams are managed and coached. A good way to start would be to invest some money in coaching formation. And if thats to much to ask then lets hope the teams will finally stop giving out jobs to every leftover coach or ex player from Canada. I mean I could understand it if it were Joe Thornton but apparently a PPG season in the league is already enough for a GM or a coaching gig.
How connected is Klaus Zaugg to the insiders / the league? His pieces are (thought) provoking, but I'm not sure how connected he is or how much he makes up...

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
How connected is Klaus Zaugg to the insiders / the league? His pieces are (thought) provoking, but I'm not sure how connected he is or how much he makes up...

I'd say it depends on the specific team. As far as Bern and Langnau are concerned, I am fairly certain that he knows people on the inside. Its no secret for instance that he knew Berns CEO Marc Lüthi pretty well and was on a first name basis with him. And he has been covering hockey for many years, so it would be unusual if he hadn't built up any contacts especially on the "bernese" teams that he covers the most. Its also not that hard to get an insight in an NLA team anyway. I personnally know a few people who are up to date on the behind the scenes events in Bern just because they happen to know some of the players or people from the equipment staff etc. way back from school or something like that. And those people have no journalistic background whatsoever. And while I don't think Zaugg makes stuff up he is certainly known for exaggerating in his articles. So of course you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Valeson81

Valeson81

Aug 11, 2019
Suisse
Grönborg leaving ZSC at the end of the season for Tampere.

Downgrade or upgrade? Cant really tell as I know nothing about Tampere of Finnish League

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Has Sami Vatanen left Geneve or is he injured. Was wondering if he would be playing for Finland in EHT hockey tournament but according to hockeydb he has only played nine games.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Alex Formenton to Ambri. Nla just gets stronger and stronger. Has to be the strongest NLA season ever?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Ugly scene with Nygren today.

Smart move by Langnau to get Zanetti and Meier. Both will need some time I guess but both have an upside to be good NLA-players.

Reactions: BlizzardSloth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad