Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Will Butcher re-signs (3 years, $3.733333M)

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
---------Simmonds----Hughes
Gusev----------------------Hall
----------Subban----------------

------------Wood----Hischier
Palmieri-------------Bratt
------------Butcher----------

After much switching, these are the PP units I would go with

Last edited:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Yep. NJD is crushing it this offseason. Subban, Gusev, Simmonds (on a 1 year trial), and that's on top of the 3H club Hall/Hughes/Hischier.

They're going to be a good team. I'd say a playoff lock, if I knew more about the goalie situation. BTW, Devils fans, how do you think the goalies split time?

I can honestly say I have absolutely no clue coming in. The defense, while much better with Subban, is still a weak point both in personnel and system... and is a terrific goalie confidence killer - so...

Blackwood could go all Binnington and bail out our Ds bacon every night, playing 60 games, or he could get hurt busting a groin going post to post (like he did last season)... or he could get exposed and lit up so much he ends up in the A.

Schneider could regain 'some' of his form as he did at the end of last season to be at least a reliable 2nd tier #1 goalie - or he could get exposed and lit up and he doesn't win a game until February 2021.

Complete crapshoot. More faith in Blackwood than Schneider, but how much faith do you put in a 2nd year goalie who showed promise but may or may not be the answer?

Certainly our Achillies at this point.

Reactions: qqaz

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
---------Simmonds----Hischier
Gusev----------------------Hall
----------Subban----------------

------------Wood----Hischier
Palmieri-------------Bratt
------------Butcher----------

After much switching, these are the PP units I would go with

You have Hischier twice, I'm guessing one of them is Hughes?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Butcher is a good player and that's a good contract imo. Weird dollar figure though. He squeezed every buck he could.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I love this signing. Butcher put up a solid 30 point season and if he can continue to improve this could look like a bargain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad