Confirmed Trade: [NJD/VAN] Curtis Lazar for 2024 4th round pick

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
Happy w/ the trade, adding some size for the stretch run w/ Meier and Lazar. Has some pedigree although that was a long time ago. I see scoring totals being brought up, that's not what they acquired him for, I think the price was more than fair. I wonder who gets bounced from the lineup unless they just got him for insurance.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Likeable player who seemed like he’d be a good fit on the fourth line but just didn’t do much here.
He might have been able to turn it around next season but probably better to audition someone else for his spot and a mid round pick is a decent asset.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
He's been absolutely terrible.
He has been saving up for this cup run.

I don’t mind the remaining contract. If the Devils manage to extend Bratt and Meier they’ll be needing cheap depth to fit it all under the cap. If he’s useless 1M is not an issue either.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't get this trade, the NJD got worse, and the Nucks got better by subtraction....

At least the NJD got a pick out of this.... Oh wait.

I mean, I don't even like Lazar, but if everyone is healthy he won't even be in the lineup in NJ. To say "NJD got worse" is moronic. Hes a 13th forward type. Which is fine.

Reactions: HBK27 and Sdevils42

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I like this for the Canucks. Kinda "high" price for just an insurance when there's not really room for him in the roster. I mean 4th round pick is very likely nothing, you'd be lucky to get an AHL player. . BUT what it is, is entertainment in the draft. And as someone who loves the draft and going through prospects all the way into the 7th round, it's a bummer if you have hardly any picks in it.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Ok? He still lost his job to AHL filler.
And a contender wanted him.

Maybe Fitz is just out to lunch though and your in-depth assessment of him being "absolutely terrible" is accurate. Guess we'll see (or maybe not as he's 14th on the depth chart in NJ).

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
And a contender wanted him.

Maybe Fitz is just out to lunch though and your in-depth assessment of him being "absolutely terrible" is accurate. Guess we'll see (or maybe not as he's 14th on the depth chart in NJ).
I don't know why you're mad. I made no comment on NJ's reasoning or whatever in this move. Contenders can also make mistakes in pro scouting. All I said is he was terrible this year and lost his spot to AHL filler players.

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
Theres already about 3 too many pages for a trade like this lol.

4th line depth for a 4th round pick. What percentage of 4th round and later picks play 500 games in the nhl?

Reactions: Oneiro

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I don't know why you're mad. I made no comment on NJ's reasoning or whatever in this move. Contenders can also make mistakes in pro scouting. All I said is he was terrible this year and lost his spot to AHL filler players.

I'm banking on NJ getting this player.

20230303_132828.jpg

Reactions: HBK27

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
It's a decent trade for both teams. I think the Canucks wanted to ensure they had space and ice time in their lineup to give more time to recent acquisitions and other depth players (Raty specifically, but also wondering if Linus Karlsson sees some games)

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
could be a good pick up. he was a super enthusiastic go for broke energy player. he ran into a brick wall of a bad team he could not move the dial on as a 4th liner but he kept trying every time he got on the ice.

Reactions: bigd

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks best trade of the deadline

(Or at least the only one that makes sense)
They made lots of good deals. HFboard fans overreacted to Hronek trade and think Canucks did bad lol

Stillman for Bloom
Unsigned Horvat for 1st, Beau, Raty
Kravatsov for 7th and Lockwood
Schenn for 3rd
Lazar for 4th

Just because they overpaid a bit for Hronek and maybe bad timing, doesn't mean Canucks did bad overall. I give them B+ to an A- looking at their trades. Hronek is worth a 1st minimum and that would be a middle pack 1st round pick and 3rd. They did overpay by giving up a 2nd but Hronek is still 25 year old young top 4 RHD which is hard to find. Also Canucks want a quick retool, they never said they would rebuild even when new management took over and said they want to turn it around in 2 years. In a true rebuild, they would have to trade everyone, even Petersson and Hughes because a true rebuild would take 5 to 7 years to complete and by that time Petersson would be 29 and would be competing when he is almost out of his prime. Overall Canucks did really well this deadline day and finally are changing things around instead of staying the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad