Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
If this is for Larsson I could cry tears of sadness.

Please be false or please be for Severance instead. I rather keep Larsson.

We got scoring but at the expense of our best defenseman. I feel gutted.

Reactions: Nemec and koyvoo

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
I was literally just thinking to myself, its weird how NJD aren't in on one of the big forward names this year, like Stamkos or Hall or Lucic... then this comes across the wire.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
People are so underrating Larrson, I will give credit to Oilers if they get Larrson.

That would be a great trade IMO for them.

Reactions: koyvoo

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
If Larsson is the main major piece coming back for Hall then the Oilers are getting fleeced.

Hall is much more established as a player, and Larsson still needs to take steps to become what the Oilers need right now.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Larsson had a good year last year. He's started off slow like Hedman but I think he can be a really solid #2.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Edmonton fans, I can guarantee you a non-bottom 10 finish next year if the deal is Hall for Larsson+.

That's how losing a trade can benefit you.

Reactions: koyvoo

Hzzz

May 5, 2012
Why is Edmonton trying to trade Hall in the first place? They should trade Nuge and Eberle IMO.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
wow. if this is true, i'm gonna be very jealous of New Jersey. Now they just have to find some guys to play around him.

Hall has always been someone I've coveted and wished the Preds would let one of their d-men loose for him, but it would open to big of a whole for us.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
ew I don't like it... im assuming main piece will be one of Larsson or Severson?... I like those dmen but id imagine there would have to be major +'s going to edmonton

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Wow I thought Edmonton wanted a legit #1 for Hall

#1 defensemen are never traded.

Larsson has the chance to become one and is a good young defensemen getting better and better. This type of trade might be the only option the Oilers have in hopes of getting a top pairing defensemen.

I don't think a team would trade a #1 defensemen in this day and age for a winger, ever.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You have to worry about actual defense at some point. Not everyone on the team has to put up 50+ points. Are you also mad that your goalie don't score as much as your wingers?

Oilers have players who can play defense. The team suffers largely from the fact that none of the D can efficiently get their skilled wingers the puck, or make any plays in the offensive zone other than shooting pucks into peoples ankles.

They need a OEL/Faulk/Letang/Klingberg type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad