Confirmed Buy-Out [NJD] Cory Schneider bought out by the Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
not as bad as paying 6 mil for him to put up a .800 save percentage in the AHL
As a devils fan and a gambler, this was awesome for me. Helped us lose for a better pick and it was free money to bet the over with him in net

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
That cap hit is going to hurt.

What a year for buy-outs and RFA walk aways. Money is tight across the whe league.
I think you are going to see a ton of 1 and 2 year deals on very favorable contracts tomorrow. Lots of talent out there, but nobody has any money.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TorontoMedia

Aug 11, 2020
As a devils fan and a gambler, this was awesome for me. Helped us lose for a better pick and it was free money to bet the over with him in net
for the first 10 games of the season I was HAMMERING overs on games where Cory started.

Its actually unbelievable when you look at the Devils season from the start.

They went with a goalie who they knew couldn't play anymore and a head coach who clearly did not have the respect of the guys in the locker room... yet the GM was ok with it.

Ray Shero should never NEVER have an NHL job again, atleast not as a GM. His loyalty kills him. I mean the guy almost single handedly sabotaged the devils season.

The average fan was well aware that Hynes is a shit coach (confirmed by 5 shitty years in NJ and whatever the f*** he tried to do in Nashville) and Cory is a shittier goalie. to go into a season with those 2 and think things would work out is borderline insane.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
for the first 10 games of the season I was HAMMERING overs on games where Cory started.

Its actually unbelievable when you look at the Devils season from the start.

They went with a goalie who they knew couldn't play anymore and a head coach who clearly did not have the respect of the guys in the locker room... yet the GM was ok with it.

Ray Shero should never NEVER have an NHL job again, atleast not as a GM. His loyalty kills him. I mean the guy almost single handedly sabotaged the devils season.

The average fan was well aware that Hynes is a shit coach (confirmed by 5 shitty years in NJ and whatever the f*** he tried to do in Nashville) and Cory is a shittier goalie. to go into a season with those 2 and think things would work out is borderline insane.
Ya but great for our wallets so i was okay with it lol

Reactions: TorontoMedia

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think this is the end of the road for him. If not I see a professional tryout or is signed on as a cheap back-up.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
$2 million over the next 4 years. They were just better off letting him finish out the last two years. Not like the Devils are doing anything anyway.
He is not even back up caliber anymore or the Devils would have just let him play out his contract.....30 teams essentially "are not doing anything" and that comment is garbage. So if not a slam dunk cup favorite the Devils should just give up ?

Love Schneider as a person and was a top 5 goalie for a couple years , but his NHL career is over.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Subban for Russel and Neal?? Um no .
On topic (somewhat) what do Devils do for a backup ?
This makes room for Gaudreau now lol

Last edited:

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Had to be done. If you play him 25 games he’ll win 2 of them.

Devils owe it to the fans not to just punt that many games again.

Reactions: deflowd

LV Knight Life

Apr 10, 2019
Hopefully he did enough the last four games of the year (3-0-1, 1.50 GAA, .952%) to get a look somewhere. One of the good guys in hockey.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
he isn't an NHL caliber player anymore

has nothing to do with cap space
I never said it did, i said it has to do with real money. They aren’t buying him out to go after some big FA. It’s to save the owners money. We lose cap space with this

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I never said it did, i said it has to do with real money. They aren’t buying him out to go after some big FA. It’s to save the owners money. We lose cap space with this

no, again...its to get a capable NHLer as a backup goalie. Cory Schneider is not a capable NHL backup goalie.

they don't need to save money. They have like $25 million in cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad