GDT: NJ Devils @ Montréal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Go Habs Go!

I just hope it is an entertaining game of hockey. Tired of boring grinding games and watching 4th line players on the ice more than skilled players!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Our ever optimist fans as they watch the Devils skate around.

658.png

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wouldn't say Julien is worse than Therrien but rather the team he's gotten is worse than the teams Therrien's gotten. It's a fundamentally flawed team that was built on the hope it would over perform to put the team in a playoff position by trade deadline in the hopes of good rental players becoming avaliable. That's on Bergevin in my books.
Very well said...........why is it Geoff Molson can't see this?
Still looking for a W tonight...4-3 in OT

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Go Habs Go!

I just hope it is an entertaining game of hockey. Tired of boring grinding games and watching 4th line players on the ice more than skilled players!

I'd like to politely suggest you watch another pair of hockey teams play if you don't want to see that type of hockey.

Grind Deez Guyz,

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I doubt we'll watch exciting hockey tonight. One team is injury riddled, the other struggles to win games, hasn't played in 5 days, and comes off a bad loss.

Expect a snoozefest.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
The Devils are down 2/3 of their #1 line, 1/3 of their #2 line, and a top-4 D-man.

It would take a herculean effort for the Habs to lose this game.

The Habs don't even have a 1st line, they have zero natural top 6 centers, third liners as mainstays on our two 2nd lines, and no #2 or #3 defensemen, and a handful of #5 dmen playing too far up the lineup. Those aren't because of injuries either. We just don't have any of those things.

So... yeah. Should be closer than you seem to think :laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Thanks to those who suggested watching "Stranger Things". It's been my wife and my go-to escape from hockey the last week. If the Habs play well, great. If not, switch to Netflix and watch an episode. Win, win.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Thanks to those who suggested watching "Stranger Things". It's been my wife and my go-to escape from hockey the last week. If the Habs play well, great. If not, switch to Netflix and watch an episode. Win, win.

You still on the first season, or the second?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Habs don't even have a 1st line, they have zero natural top 6 centers, third liners as mainstays on our two 2nd lines, and no #2 or #3 defensemen, and a handful of #5 dmen playing too far up the lineup. Those aren't because of injuries either. We just don't have any of those things.

And boy was I fooled, never thought I'd have to relive another down season so soon after that 2011-12 debacle.

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

lol ''these are not things that we have.''

Pretty big night for the tank again. Should we manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, Florida, and Edmonton could catch us (we'd still hold the tiebreak in the event of a Florida OTL or Edmonton W).

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
They are a reflection of their GM.. so a herculean effort to be giant losers is exactly that.
Speaking of teams being a reflection of their GM, how about a shout out to Ray Shero.

He was never given credit in Pittsburgh he deserved, but you can see with the Devils the type of talent he had.

Go through the Devils lines and D pairs, and look how many additions he'made either via the draft / trades / free agency. Its actually quite a lot.

He took a slow, lumbering trap based team with an ingrained philososophy and quickly transformed them to an up tempo skating team suited for todays game.

Ececutive of the year in my opinion.

Guys like him give me hope what a real GM could do with this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad