Who should the Flames start in net?

• Dan Vladar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Turnovers, scoring on ourselves, missing grade A chances.
unfortunate.

Liking how the kids are playing, though.

Reactions: Tofveve

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Agreed. Such a waste. And I don't think we get 2 firsts. At least not future firsts. I'd wager 5 figures we don't. Lol. Would be nice of course. Perceived value vs actual value. Hope we get one first and a decent prospect, maybe a previous first that isn't developing the way he was projected. Little project.

Dang. This one's dead. Reg losses hurt.

Yeah we won't get 2 1st's, but he is worth it. My problem with getting a 1st and a prospect who was selected in the first being "comparable compensation", is that the prospect we're trading for, did our scouts want him? Or is he someone being thrown in just because he was a first. I'd rather our scouts draft guys. Flames have traded for so many prospects the last decade+ and no one pans out (can't remember anyone panning out anyway).

Reactions: flames23

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Please tank so we can get some one that can lead the team. A real offensive leader, not the 10.5M for 40pts kind

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Yeah we won't get 2 1st's, but he is worth it. My problem with getting a 1st and a prospect who was selected in the first being "comparable compensation", is that the prospect we're trading for, did our scouts want him? Or is he someone being thrown in just because he was a first. I'd rather our scouts draft guys. Flames have traded for so many prospects the last decade+ and no one pans out (can't remember anyone panning out anyway).
Agree fullheartedly. Often feels like a throw-in didn't pan out guy being positioned as a diamond in the rough w untapped potential. I remember Schwindt being talked about as a very important piece of that deal. Late third rd Cole Schwindt? I had some hopes for his development and is a decent ahl'er but that's his ceiling ofc.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Agree fullheartedly. Often feels like a throw-in didn't pan out guy being positioned as a diamond in the rough w untapped potential. I remember Schwindt being talked about as a very important piece of that deal. Late third rd Cole Schwindt? I had some hopes for his development and is a decent ahl'er but that's his ceiling ofc.

I'm trying to think of guys around the league and big trades in the past and other than the rare exceptions like Filip Forsberg, when has a prospect ever panned out in these big deals? They're 95% flops.

Reactions: flames23

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
welp

Not sure what adjustments the Devils made in the 1st intermission but they seemed to work. Really didn't get much going after the 1st. Team is not good enough to have passengers and there were several of those for the Flames in this one. maybe they should just never score 1st.

Good - I'm not sure anybody stood out all that positively.
Zary-Kadri-Coronato looked good in the first half of the game but faded some as the game went on.
Santagovich nice hands on the G, generally the only one on his line doing anything worthwhile.
Andersson solid game from him.

Alright - Solovyov pretty decent. Some strange decisions with the puck but mostly was where he should be.
Wolf not a great pass to Hanifin on what turned out to be the GWG, but I dunno. One shot beat him high and two bounces do not go R way. Not at his best but can't put the L on him.
Mangiapane needs to score a goal very very badly. Totally in his head. Tanev was underwater possession wise but didn't give up many high danger that I saw. Greer, I dunno was fine I guess. Would like to see more physicality.
Coronato had a couple good shifts but also some turnovers.

Not good - Didn't like Lindholm much, starting to think he's playing hurt with the regularity he is not engaging in battles. That's been his bread and butter during his time here so strange to see what is usually a big strength of his just totally disappear.
Hanifin was also poor, just slow reactions and several bad turnovers.
Gilbert just falling all over the place, even simple plays he's making look like an adventure. Ruzicka just shoot it dude. Needs to make quicker decisions. Huberdeau and Backlund came close a couple times but struggled to match the Devils' speed.

Bad - Weegar was lowkey brutal. Coleman two GA directly on him. The turnover was bad but the clear right into the pile that bounced back in his net was worse. Also made a nice play on Yegor's shorty but still. Dube needs to sit and hopefully reset. He's not a great player but he's better than he has been lately.

Well that's disappointing. The thing is, we had 13 shots in the first period and only 12 the last two combined. Our legs were moving well in the 1st, but, not in the last two periods.
Oh well, onto the next one. Have a great night gang, I have to get to my friends get together. Cheers.
Have a good one bud, I'm off to the cirque du holiday or something at the Jube

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Their goaltending has been ass. I had Vanecek on two yahoo fantasy teams. Traded him on one, because he usually lets in 4 goals a game. Except against us, but we're halfway there with 2. lol
Big time ass lol. Vitek has been awful. Schmid is just at .902 for his save percentage with a 3 GAA. He's their best one. His numbers likely would've been better if Ruff last week didn't throw him into a back to back after he just made a 48 save performance in an OT win the night before.

They also were missing Hischier for 11 games, Hughes for 5, Meier for like 7 games or so.

Their slow starts are an issue which is why they got 9 come from behind wins out of their 14.

Goaltending wise, I wanna say as a whole they were like 32nd or 31st with goals saved above expected and high danger chances saved.

Staying healthy is a big thing now. But their goaltending is what has killed them to start while they dealt with injuries. If they had just average goaltending all around, they are in at least 2nd place in their division.

And going back to Vanny, even tonight with him only giving up 2 against, he was shaky and swimming.

Reactions: Boomstick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Nah, Lindholm is what he is

He needs someone at the top of their game to carry him like a baby

Unfortunately, the Flames 10.5M man can’t even help himself

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I'm trying to think of guys around the league and big trades in the past and other than the rare exceptions like Filip Forsberg, when has a prospect ever panned out in these big deals? They're 95% flops.
Tage Thompson comes to mind as part of the O’Reilly trade

Samuel Girard as part of the-way Duchene to NSH trade

Josh Norris as part of the Erik Karlsson to SJ trade.

Durzi as part of the Muzzin to Toronto trade

Sure the prospect busts in probably 95% of deals involving 1st+ good not great prospects, but a 2nd round pick probably has similar odds. But for the Flames specifically I agree that our pro scouting for prospects/young players has been pretty bad whereas our amateur scoring has been pretty good, so it makes sense to go for more picks unless we’re very confident about a certain prospect

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Ugh game. Sometimes it feels like this is an AHL all-star team; unfortunately this isn't the AHL. When Kadri scores his 6th of the season and the broadcast crew celebrates he's now one off the team lead, um, yeah.

I like Wolf positionally I just think he needs a few big games to get him rolling and the confidence going at the NHL level. I sill like him more than the alternatives and want him to get a long chance to prove himself. I think the compete is fully there.

Hanafin had a shift from hell with about 5 min left. Zary was good. Coleman had a few rough shifts contributing to goals the other way. Sharangovich was decent. A lot of the rest of the lineup was meh.

On to the next one.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
So, if the Calgary Flames pull their goalie, please bet your house on the oposition. Better than any ETF fund. !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad