• Dan Vladar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We don't usually do Pre-game threads here but I think the choice of the starting goalie is a big question that begs discussion.
If it was your choice to make, would you start Vladar or go back to Wolf? There are good reasons to go with either player.
Btw, this is the first game since the big trade that the Flames play Toffoli, if anyone cares.

Reactions: Tofveve

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Should he? Are you sure or are you guessing?

Probably not in a vacuum but he will. I have no inside knowledge but I'm certain Vladar will get another chance because they aren't just going to make Wolf the starter while we wait for Markstrom. If he plays like shit for a couple more games and Wolf continues to be solid then they will decrease his starts to try to win but we aren't at that point yet.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Probably not in a vacuum but he will. I have no inside knowledge but I'm certain Vladar will get another chance because they aren't just going to make Wolf the starter while we wait for Markstrom. If he plays like shit for a couple more games and Wolf continues to be solid then they will decrease his starts to try to win but we aren't at that point yet.
Did I not hear the team expected Markstrom to be back in a week? I know that sounds like a very short time but I'm positive I heard that prognosis. If thats the case wouldn't you want to give Wolf as many starts as you can to see how he performs at the nhl level?

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Did I not hear the team expected Markstrom to be back in a week? I know that sounds like a very short time but I'm positive I heard that prognosis. If thats the case wouldn't you want to give Wolf as many starts as you can to see how he performs at the nhl level?

I don't know when Markstrom will be back. I haven't seen anything regarding his timeline. Wolf will get his starts but I doubt the organization will just cast Vladar aside to see what Wolf can do when there's no need to rush. Vladar still has a year left after this one so if you can't trade him you're gonna have to use him. Wolf won't play enough to be waiver eligible this season or next so Vladar needs to remain a viable goalie if you can't get rid of him and don't want to send him down. Prospect goalies aren't thrown into the fire just to see what happens.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Hopefully Wolf. I'm hoping that I can see him as I missed 99% of the last game.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'd start wolf I think it's much healthier for everyone if people want wolf over Vlad because wolf is playing great whereas you start Vlad and he struggles then people want wolf over Vlad because Vlad is struggling

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Did Coronato get called up? He didn’t play for the Wranglers tonight. Or did he get injured?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Markstrom heads to the IR to make room for Coronato under the 23-player roster limit. This means he’ll be unavailable for seven days, retroactive to Monday’s injury, so all this really does is suggest strongly that Markstrom won’t be playing against Colorado on Monday. (Monday would be his seventh day on the IR, so he’d be eligible to return for Tuesday potentially.)
Markstrom was injured on Dec 4

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I went through Dustin Wolf's entire thread on the prospect boards. Probably not a good idea cause it just got me more excited to watch him and will leave me disappointed once Markstrom comes back. No disrespect to Marky though as he's been solid overall.

Reactions: Tofveve

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Will Sharangovich have a big game against his former team? I hope so.

Edit: Sharangovich 1 Devils 0

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: flames23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad