Proposal: NJ-Chi

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Devils fans, I’m curious if Tristan Jarry would be valued as an upgrade over your current goalie situation.

He was recently signed long term at a reasonable cap hit. But the Pens were definitely not thinking they would be in this spot when they signed him, and we have some good goalies in the pipeline. So I can see him getting moved.

Something around Jarry and Holtz?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Mrazek plus the Van. 2nd for Hotlz plus a juicy cap dump.
Mrazek has been playing exceptionally given the team in front of him by the way.
If not Mrazek name a player not named Bedard, Korchinski, Vlassic, Nazar or Moore.
There is always Reichel plus a pick ( Chi's 3rd ) for Holtz as an option too.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Devils fans, I’m curious if Tristan Jarry would be valued as an upgrade over your current goalie situation.

He was recently signed long term at a reasonable cap hit. But the Pens were definitely not thinking they would be in this spot when they signed him, and we have some good goalies in the pipeline. So I can see him getting moved.

I think the Devils would be too scared that Holtz breaks out to send him to a division rival.

If they could get it done with just picks or a prospect that's a few years out I could see them having limited interest in Jarry.

Reactions: Toby Flenderson

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
When asking for Holtz in the Timo Meier trade they were told if Holtz, then 1 for 1.

So as recently as last year they viewed Holtz approximately = to 1st+2nd+Shakir

This year he has been dangled 1 for 1 for top goalies with retention.

He will not be moved for a 2nd

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Holtz as close to the same value then Newhook.
So a late first and a mid 2nd or mid first

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
To :hawks
RW Alexander Holtz

To :devils
Canucks 2024 2nd round pick

Its clear Devils management is not high on Holtz at this point and he could use change of scenery. Hawks lacking talent but having a lot of picks would be good fresh start location for him and since Hawks have three 2nds round picks this year moving one for young player like Holtz would not be bad gamble. Devils currently lack a 2024 2nd from Meier trade so this recoups them a 2nd

Thoughts?

hmm. thoughts? none. just laughter

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

2025 1st for Jarry. Nice and simple.

Holtz for Marcus Pettersson with either 50% retention or taking back Vitek, +4th our way

Or 1st+3rd for Pettersson, Lenni/2nd/Bahl for retention, or Bahl in place of the 3rd

or whatever smaller changes

To NJD: Jarry, Pettersson (50% retained)
To Pit: 1st+1st+Lenni+Bahl

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
2025 1st for Jarry. Nice and simple.

Holtz for Marcus Pettersson with either 50% retention or taking back Vitek, +4th our way

Or 1st+3rd for Pettersson, Lenni/2nd/Bahl for retention, or Bahl in place of the 3rd

or whatever smaller changes

To NJD: Jarry, Pettersson (50% retained)
To Pit: 1st+1st+Lenni+Bahl
Are you a devils or Pens fan? This seems lopsided in favor of Pitt

I would even accept Jarry (no retention), MP 50% retained for 1st and maybe a 3rd

I don’t think Jarry’s value is all that high. Would NJ even be interested in MP?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Are you a devils or Pens fan? This seems lopsided in favor of Pitt

I would even accept Jarry (no retention), MP 50% retained for 1st and maybe a 3rd

I don’t think Jarry’s value is all that high. Would NJ even be interested in MP?
Devils fan.

Yes we would be VERY interested in MP. PK guy, puck mover, 2 years experience already playing with John Marino so would be a relatively seamless fit. If available he is my personal number 1 target I'd like to see NJD go after

I'd pay a 1st+Bahl for pettersson unretained (or 1st+2nd)

I'd try and do 1st+Vitek for Jarry, but would take out vitek if needed. Decently priced term, still in his 20s, and is a quality starter.

Reactions: Toby Flenderson

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Devils fan.

Yes we would be VERY interested in MP. PK guy, puck mover, 2 years experience already playing with John Marino so would be a relatively seamless fit. If available he is my personal number 1 target I'd like to see NJD go after

I'd pay a 1st+Bahl for pettersson unretained (or 1st+2nd)

I'd try and do 1st+Vitek for Jarry, but would take out vitek if needed. Decently priced term, still in his 20s, and is a quality starter.
I think we would make good partners. I believe MP only has 1 year left on his deal after this season and I doubt there is interest from either side to get an extension done, so he should be made available.

Realistically, Jarry probably isn’t going to be dealt. But if I was GM I would. Don’t see a reason to keep him

Reactions: dgibb10

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
NJ isn’t sending a lottery pick for a meh goalie upgrade. Maybe after thr lottery if they don’t move up they do something more complex but I’m skeptical they’d just give the tenth overall pick for Jarry. Maybe if PIT takes back Vanacek too and sends back a second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad