Nintendo Switch: Smashy Smashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Allegedly before the end of the year, and they're holding some kind of broadcast on the 12th that many are anticipating that the official release date will be announced, but got me beyond that.

i think they will anounce there will be more DLC. it hints it in the Explorer's edition of the game.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Real disappointed to hear Bayonetta 3 is only on switch, but still excited to play it eventually. I think they should stick with the visuals of the first two and focus on a 60 fps lock. I believe 2 outside of the effects heavy intro was pretty close to 60 so I'm not too worried.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Anyone play Golf Story and has opinions to share?

Yep. I really, really like it. Ive been forced to use a guide a couple times because your objective are a bit vague, but I think that is moreso me just being bad at RPGs. Its also a very funny game. Tremendous writing.

If you think you might like, if a an old school golf game mixed with old school RPG exploring sounds good, then I absolutely recommend it.

Zelda DLC 2 is like some kind of joke. This is NOT the story DLC I thought we were getting. This is just more stupid challenges locked behind an incredibly tedious and pointless minigame type thing.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Still haven't played any Bayonetta, but I've been meaning to. I'll bite.
Its (Bayonetta 1, haven't got 2) a good DMC/God of War type game with one insanely cheap enemy type. The claw enemies will have you pulling out your hair.

Either way, it's not groundbreaking but if. you're looking for that type of game its a really good pickup.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Great game. The only difference between Switch and the PC version that I played prior were the visuals. And the graphics in the Switch version aren’t even bad - they just aren’t as optimized as they are on PC.
Thanks. Thinking of buying it again for the Switch. Wouldn't mind playing through it again. I have it on Xbox.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Thanks. Thinking of buying it again for the Switch. Wouldn't mind playing through it again. I have it on Xbox.
With how good DOOM plays on the Switch, I’m actually pretty excited for Wolfenstein 2 to come out for the Switch next year. Apparently Wolfenstein 2 has some performance problems on PC, so I’ll likely pass on it until they patch it/it comes out for the Switch.

With the announcement that both Outlast games are coming out Q1 2018, as well, next year should be a really solid follow-up to the ridiculous 2017 the Switch had.

Reactions: Lancer

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Real disappointed to hear Bayonetta 3 is only on switch, but still excited to play it eventually. I think they should stick with the visuals of the first two and focus on a 60 fps lock. I believe 2 outside of the effects heavy intro was pretty close to 60 so I'm not too worried.
Well, Nintendo is publishing and putting money behind the IP, It's as close to a Nintendo IP as a 3rd party IP can get. If it wasn't for Nintendo Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have even happened due to both Microsoft and Sony not wanting it.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Yep. I really, really like it. Ive been forced to use a guide a couple times because your objective are a bit vague, but I think that is moreso me just being bad at RPGs. Its also a very funny game. Tremendous writing.

If you think you might like, if a an old school golf game mixed with old school RPG exploring sounds good, then I absolutely recommend it.

Zelda DLC 2 is like some kind of joke. This is NOT the story DLC I thought we were getting. This is just more stupid challenges locked behind an incredibly tedious and pointless minigame type thing.

boo. no STORY?!

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
boo. no STORY?!

It appears there are some cut scenes that have some exposition on the individual champions once you finish the DLC shrines/dungeons, but not much.

Honestly this DLC is so minimal it is shocking. DLC pack 1 was more substantial than this! Sure puts a damper on GOTY feelings.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Glad Bayonetta 2 is getting ported over, that and Tokyo Mirage Sessions were the two Wii U games that I felt worst about not playing. Less glad that they're charging full price for it, I guess.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Well, Nintendo is publishing and putting money behind the IP, It's as close to a Nintendo IP as a 3rd party IP can get. If it wasn't for Nintendo Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have even happened due to both Microsoft and Sony not wanting it.
Sony does that quite often but outside of Bloodborne or horizon, most of the games make their way to pc

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Explorer edition is worthless and dumb.
it basically tells you how to play the game and how to beat things etc. geeeze.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Anyone see the announcement trailer for Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection? Looks like the ultimate compilation of everything up to SF4. Pretty psyched to score this one on the Switch.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Not for the switch, but figured some of you might have had the same problem.

I have 3 DS's at home and we hadn't used them since the summer, now that ultra sun/moon came out, my daughter went to use her DS and now it won't connect to the internet.

I upgraded my router since then, but everything else seems to connect with no issue, including a Wii U.

I put the password in and it goes to connect but then says it can't find the access point, even though it shows up on the list of wifi routers in the area.

Really frustrating, can't find a solution to this anywhere and it happens on all 3 DS's.

Anyone had this happen before?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Sooo I have this inner feeling the wife will be getting me a switch for Christmas. She isn't a gamer and is wishy washy in general, but I hinted that I was looking to get one and she was like "well how much is it and what type of games are there, etc". She NEVER says stuff like that.

Looking forward to it if so :). If not might have to go out anyway ;). I know she really likes Mario Cart, so that would be an easy buy for it.

Question for all. Should I look into getting a controller to go along with it so you can play with two people? One using the panels it comes with and another the controller?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Can't help you, sorry. Only use my DS as an alarm clock these days, and can't remember the last time I played my 3DS.

And I'd agree, the pro controller is a must. I've gotten used to playing the Switch as a handheld as well, but I don't like the joy cons even when connected to impromptu controller that comes with the Switch. Pro controller as a traditional console or just using the Switch as a handheld are the only ways to play as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad