Nintendo Switch: Smashy Smashy

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
For those nintendo 3ds users, there are actually some sales on nintendo published eshop games shockingly. Seems like nintendo is finally joining the 2010s.

Edit: also there's 50 dollars off the Mario + rabbida bundle on amazon.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
For those nintendo 3ds users, there are actually some sales on nintendo published eshop games shockingly. Seems like nintendo is finally joining the 2010s.

Edit: also there's 50 dollars off the Mario + rabbida bundle on amazon.

I got my Mario + Rabbids via amazon (and just realised that guaranteed 1 day shipping is not available north of Toronto. BOO). i thought it would be the same price all over, oh well. i have to play it next weekend. (I do intend to get the bundles for it on the e-shop. same w/the Fire emblem warriors DLC)

okay. I finished playing the Primrose Story on Octopath Traveler. Apparently there was a survey or something (which I didn't get, maybe I didn't download it in time. which is indicative of when i got my switch/and learned about this JRPG). If anyone of you guys played Bravely Default or Bravely Second I find this is very much in the same vein that you can do a multi-attack stacked up.

I love the 2D/HD ness (I do think the sprites etc was better in BD/BS, but i don't know if this was the aesthetic they were going for). This game is going to be dark. and there is a lot of great (dirty) one liners in the Primrose story. The music is amazing.

what I am not liking in this demo (other than it is short) is that there's no enemy kill bar - and it seems that the big boss in the demo lasts for ever. (also that there's no "analysis" feature so you know what's going on, the weaknesses and so forth).

I'm going to play the other guy's now.
this game is a def. much purchase first day for me though.

okay finished the other guys. now i knew what to do it was "KIND" of easier. it's def. a throw back for Bravely default. I don't think i like the quasi voice acting. (like I don't get how a 3ds game got full fledged voice acting and this is mostly the 'big stuff' gets everything then it's grunts and moans and all).

there needs to be a "skip dialogue" button.

I am actually curious how all eight people meet up. i'm dumb and slow. i get the demo name now. this has a tonne of playability to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I enjoyed Bravely Default so am looking forward to Octopath. And even without that, the art style in this game might be enough to sell me on it.

I played the demo for about an hour but haven't gone back.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i saw a cool theory that all the characters in the game will have a name that starts with the letters in Octopath. We have Olberic and Primrose. that would be kinda cool.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I was sure Bravely Default was a place holder and sure enough that was the final name.

I think its gonna be Octopath Traveller with some kind of sub-title. They'll just drop the 'project' part.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I was sure Bravely Default was a place holder and sure enough that was the final name.

I think its gonna be Octopath Traveller with some kind of sub-title. They'll just drop the 'project' part.

that's my thought.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
quick question here: does Mario Party 10 come with an instruction manual?

Barely any Nintendo games come with manuals anymore but no idea specifically about MP10. They usually just direct you to a website or I know on Switch the manuals are in the home menu or setting or something.

I don't recall any of my Switch games coming with a paper manual.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Barely any Nintendo games come with manuals anymore but no idea specifically about MP10. They usually just direct you to a website or I know on Switch the manuals are in the home menu or setting or something.

nope. not one.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Guess I've just gotten more used to it, but I've been playing the Switch as a handheld a lot more than was originally the case. Still prefer playing it as a console, though.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

nope. not one.

Thanks. My library is insisting it had a manual with it, but I don't remember one, and I can't find one packaged with a game anywhere online - just PDFs and what not to print off myself.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I'm getting a switch for Xmas (I'm too old for a bunch of presents and want to play Zelda so give my family/GF an easy out and save myself the $$ to really play one game makes too much sense) but I can't find a Mario Party game for Switch... is that a for switch? Or is it downloaded from that Nintendo store? How does this work?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Have 160 hours into BotW in two months, and in no rush to get any other game.

I'm somehow a simultaneous loyal and horrible consumer for Nintendo....

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Have 160 hours into BotW in two months, and in no rush to get any other game.

I'm somehow a simultaneous loyal and horrible consumer for Nintendo....

That's incredible. Multiple playthroughs or is there just that much to do? I'm hoping to get a Switch for Christmas and that would be the first game I get, but I haven't watched any videos or anything yet since I want to avoid spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad